Followers

Sunday, 3 January 2010

The first round of "Thank you" cards !

Christmas and New Years cards are finally finished and it's onto the next theme . . . Thank You cards! . . . which is the theme for the next C.R.A.F.T Challenge.

I was brought up to always send a card or note or even a letter to say "Thank You" for any gift (etc) I was given. My parents believed that it was important that I recognised how people also gave up their time to look for my present and I should also thank them for doing that too. Nowadays my nieces and nephews either forget to say "thanks" or rattle off a quick text or leave a message on Facebook but I suppose I could be deemed as "old fashioned" ! However both my boys don't bat an eyelid when I ask them to do their "Thank Yous", so I'm hoping that when they have their families, they will carry on the tradition of writing a handwritten note to express their "thanks".

I was inspired by the great sketch in "2S4U" last week and used this as my inspiration to rattle off some quick & simple "Thank You" cards. I was so busy that I forgot to enter my cards for last weeks challenge too ! Oh well, there's always another week !

Here are the 1st batch which I thought were a little more comical & would be great to use for the boys in my class who gave me Christmas presents . . .



I used my fishy Stampin Up wheel for the background and then layered torn strips on top of each other. The sentiment is also from SU which has been layered to give a 3D look. I have made 6 of these cards in total ! Sorry about the poor photo's . . will try and retake me thinks!



The 2nd batch, I suppose are a little more girly and Luke has ear marked them for several aunts who sent him vouchers & money for his birthday. Luke 's birthday is 19th December and each year he always sends 2 "Thank You" cards - 1 for his birthday and 1 for Christmas. I made him 6 of this design as they were very quick to mass produce.

Bet get on with the rest now as I have over 50+ more cards to make . . . . . ,

Lou
x

7 comments:

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful thank you cards Donna, I love the designs and papers.
Hugs Linda

eiyiyi said...

I love them both. You always do such a great job on your cards. It's so nice that you have your boys sending notes. My nieces and nephews all have their children trained that way as well. It's always a pleasure to get one of their notes.

Trimgym said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck!
Happy 2010.

Jo.

Kathy said...

Both are adorable, but the fishy one is my favorite. Very cute. Good habit to instill in your children, too.

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for sharing your Thank you project with us at C.R.A.F.T.Lou.I love the fishy one! Have a great 2010! Cheers Claire x

sugar n spice said...

This is so sweet, Thank you so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week. Good luck in the draw.

Suzi xx

Rose said...

Two lovely cards, but I especially like how you've done the fish one!

Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T and good luck.

Rose x