Followers

Tuesday, 5 January 2010

My 1st "birthday" make of 2010 !

Well how's 2010 been to you so far? I'm absolutely shattered to say the least and have definitely decided that I am now too old to burn the candle at both ends ! The days when I could be up to the wee hours of the morning and then be able to get up several hours later bright & breezy have definitely gone . . . my poor body & head are still suffering and I am working at a very slow pace . . . however I refuse to let my body win and will preserve at being old "disgracefully" ! lol x

Now ICS is back up and invigorated after our festive break and a big thank you to everyone who joined in with us. This week there is another fabby sponsor . . . Soft Pencil . . . so if you want to win the fab prize, pop over to the blog and join us.



Now January is another busy month for our family. We have several significant birthdays this month . . . two 40th's and an 18th birthday, then there's my younger sisters birthday, my birthday, my step-mum's and 3 of my friends . . . so I have been busy already making my cards & presents as I didn't want to fall behind !

Using ICS #48 as my inspiration, I have made both the card and box for my S-I-L Mandy's 40th birthay. Many is a real "girly girl" so have gone for something pink . . . which isn't me !



All the papers are from Polka Doodles "Back to Nature" CD and I have then over stamped them with 2 different flower stamps from the Daisy Doodles set, which I thought matched the adorable "Blossom" image from Sugar Nellie.



I have coloured the image with my Promarkers and added a little "sparkle" with my Sakura Stardust pens. A huge flower bloom has been added to finish off the decoration.



Finally, here is the matching box, again made using the sketch as my Inspiration with a few more huge blooms and a touch of doodling ! Inside the box is a handmade bracelet, necklace & ring which I forgot to photograph . . . whoops !

I am also entering my card & box into the Charisma Cardz Challenge this week as they are having a mega whopper birthday celebration challenge and a fabby prize filled blog hop . . . well off to go a hopping . . . . . !

Happy crafting everyone and will be visiting everyone really soon,

Lou
x

15 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i love the card! so bright and cheery! and the box is just gorgeous! i have tons of birthdays this month too (not mine). like at least 2 a week for the entire month. oy, the postage!!!! lol.

hugs,

Martha said...

Wow, gorgeous, love the matching box!!
All the best wishes for 2010!!
Martha

Unfading Spring said...

Hi Lulu, Love your card and I'm sure you S I L will love it too.

You will be busy making all those cards.
Hugs Carol x

Cheryl said...

Lovely! She is going to love it. Very girly!

Tracy said...

So cute Lou!! I love it!

eiyiyi said...

Another stunner Lou. I love the card and matching box. You really are a whiz at this! hugs, eileen

Cindy said...

I love both the card and the box. Very pretty, something I would love to get as a gift :)

Cindy (SBS29)

Hope Jacare said...

She is fab Lou - perfect with the Polkadoodles papers! x

Rhonda said...

oooooh! I love it!

Sally said...

Fabulous. Your SIL will love it. Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

JanJay said...

Ooh gorgeous card & box Lulu, really pretty.

Thanks for joining in the Charisma blog hop & entering my candy - best of luck!

Jan x

Allison said...

sweet card
Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma
AllisonX

Shelly Schmidt said...

Adorable card! I love the DSP- so pretty and perfect with the image!

Kathy said...

Beautiful card and box. Love your coloring!

Dolly said...

Love this set Lou. The zingy colours work so well with the image. Haven't come across this collection on the BTN cd yet, must check it out. :)xx