Followers

Friday, 22 January 2010

Not a card this time !

Hi there. I'm hoping this post works as am away on a course at the moment ! ! I have reset things, so fingers crossed the problems I had earlier in the week won't happen again . . . but can't promise . . . hee, hee, hee!

Over at Polka Doodles this week, we had to follow a great sketch drawn by the talented En plus use the colour combo of orange & red . . .


I had already made my sisters card (see post HERE) and needed something to put her present in so made a quick & easy box. I have used the sketch to decorate the front of the box.


Papers: Picnic Brights, "Back to Nature" CD
Spira Flowers from "Back to Nature" CD
Stamps: Flourish from "Daisy Doodles"
Gems, wire & bead from stash

I have used the picnic bright papers from the CD and stamped the gorgeous flourish design on to the papers. Pretty much followed the sketch and made 3 spira flowers to adorn the front. The decorative edges were made with my SU border punch.



A bit of inking and chalking around the edges and my box was complete. It doesn't show clearly here, but the outside edges of the box were also decorated (I promise) and you can just see a little glimpse!

I am also entering my box into the following challenges:

Simon Says - to get "punchy"

Kaboodle Doodle - make anything other than a card

Caardvarks - use the colour red

Hoping everyone is so pleased it's Friday . . . I know I will be when I get back home!

Lou
x

22 comments:

eiyiyi said...

Very clever and beautifully done! Yummy colors too. I've been away for a week and yesterday read every single post on my dashboard. I love all your new creations, but I'd still be on last Thursday if I commented on each one. hugs to you, eileen

Paper Addict said...

Beautiful box!!! love it...
*´¨)SBS29 Sisters
¸.•-:¦:-♥•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´HUGS *¸.•´¸.•*´¨)
(¸-:¦:-♥(¸.•´ *Ronnie.•*´¨ ) ¸.•*¨) -:¦:-♥
♥.•*¨-:¦:-. ;.•.♥.•*¨-:¦:-. ;.•.♥

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful box Lulu lovely detail and the papers and colours are gorgeous, love the flowers.
Hugs Linda

Tracey said...

Absolutely beautiful box Louise, love those flowers :o)

Have a good weekend.
Hugs
Tracey
x

Lilacanglia said...

Beautiful box,
lovely colours,
Thank You for joining in again at Kaboodle Doodles,
Have a great weekend,
Hugs
Angie

Dolly said...

So pretty Lou, absolutely love it!
:)xx

colourmehappy said...

Very pretty!

Nettie said...

Really beautiful box. I'm sure your sister will love this.x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joanne Gilch said...

Love the color combo and the box.joanne

Linda said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for taking part in the Kaboodledoodle challenge.

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous box Lou :) I must admit when I saw the colour combo red/orange ,, I thought ,, yuck ,,, LOL ,,, but I am amazed ,, this is just gorgeous :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and DT call :-)

Luv
Lols x x

Kim Marie said...

What a wonderful sketch and this box is TO DIE FOR!!! Lou, you are an inspiration to me constantly!!
lots of love!
Kim Marie

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is so pretty. Thanks for playing along at Kaboodle Doodles. Hope to see you back for the next challenge. Marianne x

Jill said...

What a gorgeous box. Thanks for joining in the fun at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful box! I love how you did the punch flowers! Your sis is going to love it.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

super & stunning!

thanks for hopping along with the boutique and you go right ahead and blame me for your new addiction!

hugs,

Julie said...

What a fantastic box! Great idea to use a layout on a box lid, never crossed my mind.
Julie SBS29

Kathy said...

Darling, such pretty colors.

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous Box - the flowers are so cute. Love it !

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- I love the colors and the idea of a box with the flowers is awesome!!!

Amy said...

This card is absolutely beautiful!!