Sunday, 10 January 2010

A scrapbook page ! !

Yep, don't die of shock but I have started to make sure that I do at least one page a month (part of New Years Resolutions). Scrapbooking is way out of my comfort zone as I am not always sure what to do ! I have decided to subscribe to a magazine so that I can get more ideas, layouts etc and hopefully improve my confidence.

So, nervously I am entering my page into the "Scrap and Stamp" challenge this week which is "Family" . . .



I have used papers from the fab NEW "Love, Marriage & More" CD which Nikky l(from Polka Doodles) launched today on Create & Craft and this page was actually one of my DT pieces ! Silly Nigel didn't bother showing it though . . . boo hiss to Nigel ! ! ! lol x

The photo's were taken eons ago when both lads were a wee bit smaller and Steve could actually put them on his shoulders . . . I don't think he could even pick them up now even if he tried. The boys loved these gargoyles and if they could of, would of climbed them . . . but us being sensible parents said "no" !

Here's Aaron . . .



and here's Luke . . .



All the embellies are also from the same CD but the paper ribbons have been made by cutting up the squiggle paper, random folding, a wee bit of chalking & then stapling them to the page - simple ! The text was made using my PC. I used the flourish stamp from "Daisy Doodles" on the corners and other parts of my page.



I am also entering my page into the following challenges:

Three Clover Designs -the theme is to make a project that represents one of your New Years resolutions. Now the page doesn't reflect my New Years Resolutions but is actually one of my resolutions which is to scrap my photo's at least once a month . . . so I am hoping that my page can qualify for this challenge !?!?!

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday? I'm off to prep for my art course tomorrow and fingers crossed, the snow will not stop me from getting there !

Lou
x

13 comments:

furrypig said...

lovely page my new years resolution is to actually start scrapbooking I am determined, so good luck to you as well!

eiyiyi said...

I think your page is amazing. Great job. If your's doesn't quality, I can't imaging what it would take! hugs, eileen

Tracey said...

This is stunning Louise & you've made a great start with your New Years resolutions :) Boo Hiss to Nigel for not showing it on Ideal World - what was he thinking lol

Take care & keep warm.

Hugs
Tracey
x

Enfys said...

Lovely pages Lou, the pleated ribbon paper looks fantastic
big hugs
En xx

Hope Jacare said...

I think this is fab - great layout and colours - a perfect page - way to go! x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Best of luck with your one page a month challenge- and I love the page you made- you will have one awesome book if they are all like this!

Donna Moore said...

Good for you with your resolution! Great page, cannot imagine you would not be chosen, fingers crossed!! Good luck and thanks for posting, this is something I need to do as well, I have all but given up my scrapbooking and really need to get back into it!

Cheryl said...

I need to work on my scrap booking too. I am soooo far behind.

These pages are great!

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful LO Lulu and love your colours and design. Glad someone keeps up to their NY resolutions and its a great way to show off your pics.
Hugs Linda

Kathy said...

Lovely page and such nice memories for your boys. Good goal to do one page per month.

my5bratz said...

fab LO, I stopped buying mags when it ended up more ads than LOs, theres LOADS of inspiration online from other peoples LOs and TONS of challenges...good luck I MUST start scrapping again this year!

Regina said...

gorgeous layout! love the pleated paper and all the elements! thanks for joining us at Scrap and Stamp. I hope you will play along with us again. Perfect page for this weeks challenge

Lacey Stephens said...

This is such a fun layout! Those pictures are too funny! My son would have wanted to climb them as well :-) I love the elements you added and the fun stamping. Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week! There will be another one tomorrow! I hope you can play along again!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com
Scrap and Stamp Saturday