Friday, 8 January 2010

Song Title challenge !

Ruth over at Polka Doodles challenged the DT to make a project using a "song title" as their inspiration. She also asked us to use the fab "Back to Nature" CD too.

I have actually made 2 things for this challenge but 1 is a touch tenuous ! ! ! January is a heavy month birthday wise for me and I'm desperately trying to be organised although slipping behind already as I forgot to do my post for this challenge . . . ! I blame it on the "snow madness" that is around at the mo - freezing your brain so that cognitive thought just disappears . . . in my case it could just be a case of "senior moment-itus" popping in to visit.

My first card is inspired by the Stevie Wonder song "Happy Birthday to you" and I made the card for my niece. I have found it hard to photograph because of the acetate :


Papers: Picnic Brights from "Back to Nature CD"
Card blank cut on Craft Robo
Flowers also from "Back to Nature" CD



The 2nd card and yet another box (!) were made for another S-I-L who turned 40 (and not happy about her significant birthday !!). The song title I used as my inspiration is "A good heart" by Fergal Sharkey.


Papers: Picnic Brights from "Back to Nature" CD
Spira & Stacker flowers from same CD
Sentiment stamp from SU
Flourish stamp from "Daisy Doodles"
Ribbon & button from my stash!

I love this SU sentiment stamp which reads "Joy is not in things, it is in us" - such a fab saying and suitable for oodles of occasions. Have you also noticed that I haven't put any number on the card as I knew Nadine would not be best pleased ! I have made the box using exactly the same papers, embellies & stamps and it housed Nadine's present - a necklace, matching bracelet & chunky ring . . . which I also forgot to photograph . . doh!



Here is a photo of the 2 items together. The box is actually very large as the card is a 15cm square card ! !



I am also going to enter my card into the following challenges:

"Fab 'n' Funky" - making anything for any occasion !

One Stop Craft Challenge - "Something beginning with B" - my "B"'s are box & button using the "Back to Nature" CD !

Cute Card Thursday - "All New" - well I have used the NEW Polka Doodles CD for my papers etc.

Papertake Weekly - "Something New" - as above I have used my NEW Polka Doodles CD !

ABC Challenge - "L is for layering" and have definitely used lots of layering although primarily with my embellishments !

Pile it on (Challenge #30) - "Clear" - I have used acetate for my first birthday card.

Daring Card Makers - "Garnet" - the colour I have chosen definitely falls into the birthstone category . . "garnet" and also it's for a January birthday too !

I think that's enough challenges for my projects don't you and off to do some serious blog hopping as haven't really had a chance so far this week.

Happy Fridays everyone and if you're driving anywhere, please do take care,

Lou
x

17 comments:

Lynda said...

Two beautiful cards and a fabulous box! I think you managed to photograph the acetate one very well too. Thanks for joining us at DCM this week.

Lynda xxx

Sharon said...

These are fantastic Lou. Love the colour schemes and all the little details you added to them all. I think you did a brilliant job photographing the acetate (always so tricky). Thanks for joining us at the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon xx

pinky said...

Lou these are all gorgeous. Lucky s-i-l, what a lovely gift to gift to get all boxed and matching card! Brilliant papers.
Pinky

Kaz said...

Fab cards and box.

ribenaruby said...

All fab creations, will have to learn how to make a box soon, I'm sure the recipient will love the one made here!

FibreJunky said...

I see we've entered some of the same challenges. They're a lot of fun, aren't they? Best of luck to you!
SBS29

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lou :-) Your cards always cheer me up ,, always so sunny and bright :-) I love the papers you use ,,,soo pretty :-)

Thanks for joining the ABC and PTW Challenges :-)

Hope you had a fab christmas :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Kathy said...

Lovely cards and box. They will be sooooo well-received

Tracy said...

Love the cards. Great job!

Cindy's Creative Corner said...

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!!!

SueH said...

Oh wow Lulu, those are stunning.
I’m sure your SIL will forget all about how old she is when she opens her card.

Sue
X
PS. Wish I was 40 again!

Tinkertaylor said...

What beauiful cards love the acetate one

Enfys said...

I love all these Lou, but my all time fave has to be the acetate one, just stunning,
big hugs
En xx

Joanne Gilch said...

Both cards are fantastic! But my fave is number one, the top one. Have never made an acetate card. Awesome. SOC sbs1o29

Kellie said...

Both cards a wonderful. I also favor the acetate one.

Cheryl said...

That's a lot of challenges - great job! Love all these cards.

Helen said...

Gorgeous cards!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge!
Helen x