Followers

Saturday, 27 February 2010

Apologies to . . .

. . . all my DT buddies from Inspirational Card Sketches, "Fab 'n' Funky" and Polka Doodles for not posting and not being on the "ball" with my DT responsibilities. Also further apologies to my SBS29 sistahs for not participating in the group as much as I should - I do pop in when I can and love reading all the emails I receive. Unfortunately the beginning part 2010 is shaping up to be rather crap and I am feeling a little over whelmed at the moment but I am determined to climb the large hill in front of me and look forward to the fun filled journey back down.

************************************************

Inspirational Card Sketches #55 meets "Fab 'n' Funky" challenges.


I have used Dawn's great sketch from ICS and the colour theme from "F'n'F" to make this card. I have to say I actually now like my card even if it was a complete nightmare to photograph . . doesn't help using a camera you are not familiar with ! I made the background using my SU wheel and cut out the semi-circle and strip. I inked the edges too. The flowers are called "Doodles for Daniel" and come in 3 different sizes. Finally finished with some large ribbon & gems.

I am also entering my card into the following challenge . . .

Cute Card Thursday whose theme is "ribbon-tastic"
Little Red Wagon whose theme this week is also black & white.
Allsorts Challenge - to make a card for Mother's Day . . I have made this card for my step M-I-L (!) for the up and coming day.
Saturday Spotlight who want us to make something clean & simple . . well this card definitely is all of those things.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Polka Doodles challenge was set my me (!) and I asked the DT to make a shaped card. Look I even managed to muck up my own challenge by making a shaped book . . .


All the elements are from the new Polka Doodles CD "Paper Boutique" and it is crammed to the gunnels with great templates for some fresh & fun projects. This cake design can also be made into a HUGE card. I have made 2 of these books so far . . . one for Nikky for the Create & Craft show and another for my nephew . . . well my sister actually who wanted an unusual brag book to put my nephews birthday photo's in for a project at his nursery school !

I am also entering my "Cake book" into this weeks at . .

Quixotic Challenge who wanted us to make something for the boys/men.
Cute Card Thursday whose theme this week is "ribbon-tastic"
JUGS who want us to use "templates" to create our projects this week. Well my book was made using a template and then mounted onto acetate.
Ooh-la-la Creations who wanted us to use some acetate on our project.
Roses on Paper want us to make a boys/mens card . . . I know my project isn't a card but it is themed for a boy !

Have a great weekend everyone and hope to catch up with you all really soon.

Lou
x

30 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

if my cards looked like yours i'd never be on time either. these are gorgeous! life does have a way of throwing out crap, but somehow it ALWAYS gets back on track. hang in there.

Anne said...

Beautiful piece of work and thanks for sharing it with us at OLL. Hugs x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WONDERFUL creations!! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight this week! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work in the weeks to come!! Hang in there ... it will get better!

Ruthie said...

Aw hun! The ride down will be fab - and it will prob arrive sooner than you could ever imagine!

Rx

Wendi said...

Thats some cake book just gorgeous I'm so pleased you joined us at Ooh La La this week and shared this with us
Wendi

lyzzydee said...

Missing you, from SBS9 as well!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- so much detail into your work! Fabulous!

Marlene said...

Beautiful black & white card! That book is amazing!

Dolly said...

Amazing card Lou, love the colours so effective.
Great idea to make the cake birthday book too, looked really good on TV. :)xx

Stampin' Pam said...

Wow what an amazing project. I love the multi layered birthday cake - so cute and clever! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. We appreciate your participation and support. :-)

Cheryl said...

Lou, both of these cards are fabulous. I was admiring your card on the Polka Doodles site just earlier today and didn't realize that it was yours. Wonderful.

Hey, remember that crafting is supposed to be fun. Take it easy. I know us Sistah's will be here when things settle down for you. Hang in there until then.

Hope Jacare said...

Definitely no muck up here - one fabby book. A great project. Take care Lou! Warmest Wishes Claire x

Carolyn Wolff said...

Beautiful card!

Dianna said...

I love the elegant card you embellished! I sure do understand that life gets in the way of doing things we love. Sure glad you're getting back on track. ♥ Di

Denise Clark said...

I love the ribbon treatment you used! The flowers are wonderful! This card feels so cheerful!

Your shaped card is awesome! Looks difficult! You did a terrific job!

Joanne said...

Such a beautiful card! Thanks for playing along at LRW:)
Joanne xo

Tinkertaylor said...

Fab card just loved the inked edges

Alicia said...

Love the birthday cake book, what a great idea!

Rosanne said...

Lovely cards! Thanks for playing at Little Red Wagon!

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

This is such a beautiful card love the mono tone theme,
and the birthday book is spectacular

Thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Kathy said...

Love the black and white flowers, so pretty!

Posh Designs said...

Fabulous, very chic looking card! Glad you're getting back on track! ~ Nini xoxo

*Vicki* said...

Oh how i love the black and white concept here!! So gorgeous with all those flowers! It certainly doesn't look simple! :) Thanks for joining with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS

Dana Gustafson said...

What a cute layer cake! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls!

MrsK said...

Hi Lulu

Chin up lass it will get better, positive thinking is the key!! Love your cards they are gorgeous!

Take care

Sal xx

maddy hill said...

lulu those are fabulous cards !
we all get overwhelmed from time to time - i had a crap year last year ... hope you feel better soon hun !
hugs
maddy x

Leann said...

These are beautiful!
Thanks for joining us over on CCT this week :D
Hugs x

Erin... said...

so pretty!! 2 wonderful projects! Thanks for joining with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous Creations!! Love your shape book and the black and white on your card!! Stunning! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight Challenge! What an awesome take on the Clean it up challenge!

Kirsten said...

wow stunning card love the flowers..x

Thanks for joining in with the fun at allsorts hugs kirsten...x