Followers

Friday, 12 February 2010

Finally . . .

. . . I have a bit of time to post my DT cards which are a little over due ! ! ! Phew thank goodness, it's half term next week and I intend to totally switch off and catch up with some serious crafting.

The first card is for Inspirational Card Sketchs (ICS) and again Dawn pulled out another fab sketch.



Here's what I came up with but please forgive the poor photo (my camera is finally giving up on me). The card is for my B-I-L Paul whose birthday is on Valentine's Day . . .


Background made using SU Stamp wheel
Sentiment also SU
Letters from Making Memories
String & button from my stash.

I am also entering my card into the Charisma Cardz challenge this week which is to think "male" !

My next card is for "Fab 'n' Funky" challenges whose theme this week is "Shabby Chic". I have used a cute image from Fresh Brewed Designs (this weeks sponsor). I have scrunched, stamped, chalked and embossed this digi image to make it look "shabbier" !


SU Stmaping wheel
Image: Fresh brewed designs
Papers: MME
Ribbon, lace & flower from stash


The background has been stamped with another SU wheel; random chalking & embossing around the edges; layered MME papers & finished off with some lace. The sentiment was computer generated.

Finally my last card that I want to share with you is for Polka Doodles Challenge. The theme this week is "hearts & flowers".



I have used papers from Back to Nature CD and also the Love & Cherish CD; handcut the hearts which have been covered with the same papers & layered. A big organza ribbon and sentiment to finsh the card !

I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

Creative Craft Challenges - Valentine's theme & you can add roses . . . but I haven't . . . lol x

Simon Says Challenge - this weeks theme is Love

As is the theme of this week . . . gotta dash as am on another course tomorrow and got to get my art supplies ready !

Take care,

Lou
x

18 comments:

Nettie said...

Gorgeous cards as always. Hope next week gets a bit easier for you.x

Joanne Gilch said...

OOO, don't make me choose! I like them all. they represent your unique style of not having a style, and that makes each one perfect.

maxine said...

Lovely card thanks for joining us at cc

pinky said...

If this is how great you are under pressure can't wait to see what you come up with next week. excellent work.
Pinky

Nini said...

Fab take on the ICS sketch! Love both cards to bits! :) ~ Nini xox

Vee said...

Love both cards.Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Rhonda said...

WOW! I love everyone of these cards. Very well done.

Hope Jacare said...

Fab cards Lou - love the orange and Pink combination for Polkadoodles really zesty! x

Jane said...

Wow!!! these are all stunning! I love the details and wonderful colour schemes! Love how you've done the ribbon on your love card Lou, thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge hugs, Jane xxx

Tracey said...

Wow! What gorgeous cards Lou :-)

Happy Valentine's Day & have a good week off.

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Martha said...

Wow, fabulous cards!!!!

Cr8ive ME said...

Happy Valentine's Day!!

I sympathize. I've just been getting my DT cards in under the wire due to just having the blahs.

Great cards.

{{hugs}}
M.E. - SBS29

Maria Matter said...

these are lovely Lulu!!
Blessings, Maria

Emma said...

Hi Lou
Hope you get some relaxing time this wk with half term.
Your cards are gorgeous as always, love the colours and details.
Hugs Emma x

Cheryl said...

Wonderful cards! I am so happy your were able to take a breather and get some creative time.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love all of your cards- I enjoy shabby chic- too awesome!

Mary Giles (OhioMary) said...

Lou what fabulous projects! Great layout and paper choices. Super!

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.