Tuesday, 2 February 2010

Nearly a week has gone by . . .

. . . since I last posted ! Still a little hectic here but is gradually calming down now . . not fully but a little ! I had a little blog hop last night to catch up but unfortunately didn't have enough time to leave many comments, so apologies peeps. Am hoping to get more time tonight (after I've done my homework!), to have another quick blog hop, so fingers crossed will catch up with everyone slowly but surely.

Over at ICS (Inspirational Card Sketches) this week, Dawn has drawn yet another fab sketch for us to play with. The DT were even luckier as ICS is sponsored by Busy Beauties Designs this week and we got to choose an image to play with . . . what fun!



Now, I rotated the sketch 90 clockwise only because I liked the look of the sketch that way (!) and here's what I came up with. The card is going to be for a work colleague whose birthday is very soon . . just hope she likes it !


Papers: MME
Image: Cuppa Sweetness from Busy Beauties
Ribbons from stash
Coloured with Promarkers
Sentiment made on computer.


Now I can't wait to see what you do with the fab sketch this week and pop over to the ICS blog to give the new DT members some "lurve" . . . they are very talented ladies indeed.

I am also entering my card into the following challenges:

Colour Create - colour combo this week of soft pink, soft blue, white & silver. I "boobed" a little as I tried to print the sentiment with a silver colour code but it has come out more black or pewter - whoops!

DU2DS - hearts

Creative Inspirations - Feminine - I know my card doesn't feature any ladies (per say) but I do think if has a feminine vibe (!).

Secret Crafter - hearts

Pile It On - Theme is "Enough of Winter colours"

Well gotta dash as am up really early tomorrow morning and need my sleep ! Fingers crossed Mr Scheduler will work properly now . . . yes, I know it's me who mucks it up but hey, it is good to blame Mr Scheduler every now and then ! ! !

Lou
x

12 comments:

Carolyn Bounds said...

Lulu, your card is GORGEOUS!!! I know your colleague is going to adore it!!! I love the soft colors...the way you popped up the foam and the creative way you showcased the sentiment. So very BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it!!!!

Hugs!!!
Carolyn

Dena said...

What an awesome sentiment on this card! I just love it! Very pretty use of the colors this week too! Beautiful!
Thanks for joining Colour Create this week, we hope to see you back next time!
Hugs, Dena

Rhonda said...

Wow! awesome card. There is no way she wouldn't like it. Great work!
Rhonda
SBS29

Mel X said...

Hi, fabulous card chuck!! I think it's very girly and the sentiments perfect - reminds me of girly get togethers and a good old natter. If you're free at 11 - I'll bring the biccies and buns LOL! Wonderful image and lovely colour combi!

Thanks for joining us this week at SCSC, I hope you come and join us again real soon. Good luck in the draw.

Mel X

Martha said...

Wow, Lulu, what a fabulous card you made!!
Hugs,
Martha

{Jane} said...

Lovely

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Audrey said...

What a yummy card! I love the soft colors you used and how you rotated the layout. Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!

Tracey said...

Fab card Louise, this looks yummy!

Hugs
Tracey
x

Cheryl said...

This is a great card! I love the soft colors. Very sweet sentiment.

Jennifer said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!

Rosanne said...

Very nice! Thanks for playing along with Pile It On!

Chris said...

Such a cute card, a great image and perfect sentiment! Love your colouring and design too. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS this time. Chris :)