Tuesday, 16 February 2010

Yeah . . . some crafting for me !

Have had a busy weekend doing lots of yummy family stuff which has been so great and I think what we all needed but had enough time to make a card for my B-I-L Colin whose birthday is on Thursday. I don't mind showing the card as he is definitely not a blogger or at least, not a craft related blogger !

Was a little cross with myself earlier as I had already made my ICS card as I was determined to be organised this week but when I went to email it to Dawn, I realised I had used the wrong weeks sketch . . . uuurrrrgggghhhh! Unfortunately I can't show you the card as it's for an up and coming week, so the above card for my B-I-L was a struggle to make as I didn't know what I wanted to do ! Just hope Colin likes it now . . . not sure men really care about the cards actually!?!?!?!

I have used the fab sketch from Inspirational Card Sketches this week and also the technique from Just Us Girls to make my card.



Have to say loving the idea of this technique as I have made a tag for Colin's present with the "left over" bits! I am also proud of myself as there is no DP anywhere on my card . . . it's all card stock which has been embossed, inked & chalked. Finally I added some doodled edges.

I am also going to enter my card into the following challenges:

La La Land want us to make a card without any DP - yep, done that !

Charisma Cardz which is to "think male" and as this card is for my B-I-L, I think that angle is covered too.

2 Red Banana's whose theme is "behind the scenes" and although there is no stamped background per say, the hats are their own background ! ! Stretching abit do you think?

Our Creative Corner - who want us to use something old from our stash which is probably still new ! ! Now I can definitely relate to this challenge. The stamps I have used on my card were given to me eons ago and I have neglected the dreadfully . . . so they had to be used!

Now gotta dash as we have optician & dentist appointments today . . . then got to drop one son at a party for a sleepover and take the other son to a different party somewhere else ! Me and hubby are looking forward to a quiet night to night by OURSLEVES . . . yum.

Lou
x

18 comments:

Dianna said...

You embellished a perfect card for your brother-in-law! I'm sure he'll love it. ♥ Di

Lisa Kind said...

Great card! Love what you did with the split negative technique! Your BIL will love it! Glad you were able to use the technique with that neglected stamp! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Elena said...

Adorable card! I am sure Colin will love it!
Thank you so much for joining this week's challenge at La-La Land!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow lulu! this card is fabulous! and perfect for BIL! i love the colors and the images are - again - perfect! great job!

hugs ♥

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I love this!!!

Callie said...

Lou it's beautiful! Great job. ♥

Rhonda said...

I think this is a fantastic card! Very well done.

Pinkllilac said...

Gorgeous card Lulu and love the design and details, the colours are beautiful.
Hugs Linda

Joan said...

What a great masculine card! Love the design and how you made all your own patterns with no DP. Excellent job!

Kathy said...

Really like this manly card, I'm sure Colin will love it.

Cheryl said...

Yeah you! I am glad you got some crafty time.

This is a great card. Love the split negative(s).

Sally said...

Fantastic card. Love how you have added the candle. Glad you found a little "me" time. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Shamma Parvin said...

Perfect for a man:) lovely.
Hugs
Shamma

Joanne Gilch said...

I am so copying that way you laid the papers then stamped the hats.
the colors are great and the entire card is fab.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh, I'm so glad you got that stamp out and USED it! I love the whimsical style of it. Great card for a guy. Glad you could show some love to this poor neglected stamp. Great to have you joining in the fun at Our Creative Corner this week!

Dana Grothaus said...

Fantastic card! Great job on the challenge! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Dana Gustafson said...

Cool! Great idea to do multiple split negativs on the card. Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls!

Dana Gustafson said...

Cool! Great idea to do multiple split negativs on the card. Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls!