Wednesday, 24 March 2010

"It's all in the technique"

This was a fab challenge theme over at "Fab 'n' Funky" challenges. The idea of the theme is that we all celebrate &/or share our favourite technique . . . our un-sung hero or heroine. I have chosen "paper piecing". I adore this technique as you can quickly change a stamped image or add decoration.

Papers: MME
Stamps: Swirl wheel and sentiment from Stampin Up!
FLower stamps - Doodles for Daniel
Pearl buttons, gems & ribbon from stash

The flowers on this card have been stamped onto MME papers, cut out and layered up. Quick, simple and I think quite effective.

Papers: DCWV Spring stack
Stamps: Doodle for Daniel
Sentiment: Making Memories

The "flowers in pots" were stamped onto the white card and then stamped again onto DCWV paper (same as background). The flower and pot were cut out and placed over the original stamped image. Yet another quick card.

I am also entering the following challenges:

Little Red Wagon (1st card) - photo inspiration
Ooh la la creations - use a button, bow & some bling. My 1st card definitely qualifies as the large flowers have pearl buttons in their centres and the smaller flowers have gems as their centres.

Am now off to catch up on all my neglected emails and blogging buddies but will be watching the football at the same time . . . come on Spurs!

Lou
x

14 comments:

Beryl K said...

Gorgeous cards, thank you for joining in the fun at OLL this week
Beryl x

Anne said...

Wow Lulu, what a fantastic card. So glad you shared it with us at OLL. Hugs x

Joanne Gilch said...

Lovely cards. I'm with you on the paper piecing...just think it's so much fun!

Avril Tanner said...

oh... I just love the paper pieced Flowers! Thanks for playing along with Little Red Wagon!

Rosanne said...

Cute cards! Thanks for playing along with Little Red Wagon.

Dolly said...

Fab cards Lou. Love that doodle flower stamp. :)xx

Wendi said...

Hi Lou both cards are beautiful but the first one is my favourite I love those flowers thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la
Wendi

eiyiyi said...

Beautiful cards and thanks for sharing. I seem to forget about piecing when I'm stamping. This is a great reminder. hugs, eileen

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fantastic- love the paper piecing. I love your creativity.

triciapeever said...

Love those adorable flowers on the first one. Awesome dimension!

Cheryl said...

Wonderful cards! I love paper piecing too.

Davi said...

Great cards,,,love those wonderful flowers!!

craftykitten said...

Gorgeous card, love it. Thanks for sharing it with us at OLL this time.
hugs
Dawnx

Kathy said...

Paper piecing is a great technique! Love both of your pieced cards.