Tuesday, 16 March 2010

Phew . . .

. . . have made it back to blogger land after a long absence . . . well it was for me and feel a little refreshed. Many thanks for all the emails and messages I have received, they have definitely brightened the last few weeks for me.

Now onto happier things . . I have even managed to play along with Inspirational Card Sketches this week and many thanks to Dawn for your understanding. I actually struggled this week, not with the sketch but with my card ! I made the basics and roughly assembled it but it still didn't look quite right . . . . come on, you crafters know what I mean . . . so after much fiddling & faffing, I gave up and decided to call it a day with this card and it will have to stay as it is ! I made the card for my Step-mum for Mother's Day.

Papers: MME
Image: Tilda
Sentiment: SU
Ribbon & lace from stash


I have coloured Tilda with water colour pencils and used my blender pen instead of water. I think it came out really well and will definitely be getting my pencils out again.


I am also entering my card it the following challenges:

Stamp Something - a colour combo of "green & cream" plus small amounts of other colours.
Secret Crafters - theme of "anything goes" !
My Time to Craft - whose theme this week is "lovely lace"

Happy Tuesday!

Lou
x

8 comments:

Joanne Gilch said...

For all the fiddling you did with this card, it came out great.

Lesley said...

hiya huni...this is gorgeous and she is coloured beautifully...i dont think that this card needs anything else huni...hugs Lesley xx

Callie said...

Lou it's great. Love that image and you colored her so beautifullly!! HUGS!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

welcome back. this is darling. that tilda image is just too cute and your coloring is stunning.

*Vicki* said...

Absolutely adorable!! I love the way you've used the colors on your Tilda!! :) Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week!!HUGS

Lesley said...

Fab card Lou, Tilda looks very cute! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challene this week xx

Helen said...

Gorgeous card...love the colours!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Cheryl said...

Very pretty! I love your coloring