Friday, 16 April 2010

Double edged sword day !

What I mean to say is "yippee" it's Friday and we're off celebrating with my Dad and the whole family this weekend but. . . it also means that the Easter holidays are now over and it's back to school on Monday . . . !

I'm afraid I haven't been a good Polka Doodler recently and kept up with my DT duties but Nikky has been a complete star (as always) and very, very supportive. Now this week, in line with the new positive me, I made sure that my card would be ready and posted for this weeks Polka Doodles Challenge . . . "Animal Magic" . . .


I have used the dog toppers from the "Back to Nature" CD and cut them into toppers, loads of chalking, oodles of 3D foam pads to raise different parts and then matt & layering in similar colours.


The sentiment is made using "Doodlebug" rub ons, onto small squares (to keep in with the square theme of the card) and reads " W oof-tas-tic-!!!".

The inspiration for the "squares" theme for my card was from a challenge blog I have discovered for the first time "The Shabby Tea Room" whose theme this week is "It's hip to be square". Have definitely booked marked this blog as the DT makes are "breath takingly stunning".

I am also entering my card into the following challenges:

Penny's Paper Craft Challenge Blog
- theme is "anything goes"
365 cards - the "White space" challenge

Well I'm off as Friday is a busy "run around" day for me . . .collect Tuxedo's from Dry Cleaners; Steve & Luke need to buy shoes; buy my accessories for my dress as still can't find anything(!); cut the grass; the dreaded house work (yuk, yuk & yuk) . . . and loads more boring, run of the mill stuff. Have a great weekend everyone and looking forward to catching up with you on Sunday,

Lou
x

10 comments:

pinky said...

My goodness take it easy woman, you'll wear yourself out. I can list a few things you could forget about like housework and grasscutting lol. Love your card and its great to see you back making again. Have a nice weekend.
pinky

Debbie said...

Super cute!! Thanks for joining us this week in the Tea Room and I hope you can come back again on Monday to give our next challenge a try too :)

eiyiyi said...

Love it, love it, love it! hugs, eileen

Nicole said...

Cute card! Love all of those puppies! Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room! :)

Joanne Gilch said...

such a cute card.

annieambriel said...

Lou, this card is super cute. Love the doggie and piecing. I love it. I am a dog lover, this card is just perfect :)

Audrey Pettit said...

My gosh, those pups are so darn cute! Love that sentiment, too. Fun and adorable all rolled up into one package. Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room.

Shelly Schmidt said...

You nailed this one- this is darling!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

You nailed this one- this is darling!!!

Cheryl said...

What a cute card! I love your LO.