Followers

Wednesday, 21 April 2010

"Get it all out" for a sketch ! ! !

Well, I wanted to make my blog post title interesting for once rather than writing "a card for . . . " so I have joined two challenge themes together to make my title. What do you think?

Now the sketch I followed was another great one from Dawn over at Inspirational Card Sketches (ICS) and was just the thing I needed to make a "Thank You" card for my parents for a wonderful weekend away.


and I "Got it all out" for this weeks "Fab'n'Funky" challenge which asked us to use our neglected stash. I have used some paper scraps I had kept (just in case): discovered chipboard embellies that I have had for eons; finally, I found 2 packets of the most wonderful Hero Arts flowers that I hadn't even opened . . . scandalous!

I am also entering my card into the following challenges:

Simon Says Challenge - "Things with wings"
One Stop Craft Challenge - "Things with wings"
Little Red Wagon - to use ruffles - I have used the gold organza ribbon, ruffled it and stapled the ribbon to my card.

Have a great week everyone and am off to finish catching up with you all. I did start on Sunday and then became distracted with all the great cards etc and the really cool links to tutorials . . . before I knew it I had bookmarked oodles of new blogs and written down loads of new techniques I want to try . . . isn't blog land cool !?!?!

Take care,

Lou
x

10 comments:

Avril Tanner said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing along with Little Red Wagon!

Hope Jacare said...

Gorgeous card Lou - a lovely thank you! Cheers Claire x

Carolyn Wolff said...

Oh, this is beautiful. Love all the details. Thanks for joining in a LRW!

Cheryl said...

I love this card! The dimension, the colors, the LO - great job!

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Louise, love all the details :)

Hope you're having a great week.

Hugs
Tracey
x

Suzi said...

This is just gorgeous Tracey, love your flower sprays and your sentiment as the focal point. Thank you for joining us at OSCC this week. Good luck in the draw.
Hugs Suzi x

Rosanne said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with Little Red Wagon!

Maureen said...

yes...blog land is cool and I am so glad to be back in it!! love the card!!!
((()))reen

Kathy said...

Beautiful thank you card. The flowers and butterflies are so springy.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the idea of pulling out the old and getting it 'used'!!! Love your card- great flowers and love your layout! TFS