Wednesday, 14 April 2010

How long?

WOW . . time has indeed flown by without me posting. My "random" entries recently have been down to me suffering a wee bit of "depression". Loads has happened in the last year which I though I was coping with but unfortunately it would appear that I was kidding myself !!! Anyhow, enough was enough and I packed myself off to my mummy's for some serious TLC which was just what I needed. Although things are still hard, I am determined not to bottle things so much and realise that the occasional loud scream is actually quite healthy ! The card making has also taken a big dent as I just couldn't get things to "gel" and wasn't overly happy with many of my "makes" but again, have decided not to put too much pressure on myself that I give up on a much loved hobby.

Onto the card making now before I really bore you all with my random waffling . . . ! Now the challenge this week over at "Fab 'n' Funky" challenges is to "stop the neglect" by using a previous loved stamp which hasn't seen the light of day for a while. I have used a set from "My Favourite Things" which I bought eons ago and haven't inked for . . . . a long time!



I have paper pieced all the elements to fit in with the scraps of BG sugared papers I found in my designer scraps box (!). A bit of mat & layering, some ribbons and voila my card came together really quite quickly. I also took inspiration from the fab sketch over at "2S4U" this week.

Fab 'n' Funky - to use a neglect stamp(s)
2S4U - fab sketch
Stamptacular Sunday - to use "spots & dots"
Doodle Palace - Funny animals . . . well my "dino babe" does look funny!
Creative Card Crew - theme is "Happy Birthday"

Well gotta dash as busy, busy , busy this week with loads of decorating before the new carpet gets fitted next Monday . . . (eek) . . . but hope to catch up for a good dose of blog hopping on Sunday (if not before . . hee, hee, hee!).

Lou
x

18 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

nice to see you back! and yes, that occasional scream is refreshing! and your card is just adorable. love the paper you used for the piecing!

Cheryl Nelson said...

darling!!

Ruthie said...

nice to see you back....funny how that depression lark just seems to sneak up on you isnt it? But, its just another phase in our lives and, as with most other phases, it will also pass - I sooooo agree that you just need to allow yourself to deal with it the best way for you and not put pressure on yourself!

Big hugs!

Rx

Tinkertaylor said...

Fab card.... scream as much as you like it's a great stress reliever!

pinky said...

Sorry to hear you have been down Lulu open all your windows and let it out girl. Love your card, he's a wee cutie. Take care.
Pinky

Kathy Martin said...

Cute birthday card and dinosaur! Thanks for playing along at 2S4Y! :)

Kathy said...

Sorry to hear you've been down. Glad some R and R at your mom's helped a bit. Your card is adorable, love the paper piecing,

Laura Davis said...

Awwwww CUTE!
Just filling in for Kazan while she is at her retreat!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Graphicat said...

Ooooh! Love the pink dinosaur! It rocks!

Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular this week!
Hugs Cheri

Carolyn said...

I just love the paper piecing on your card. The dino is just too cute. What a fantastic layout. Thanks for joining in at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Gorgeous! I love the paper piecing and the fun image! Superb! Thanks for sharing with us at CCC!

Janna :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun paper piecing and adorable card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun paper piecing and adorable card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun paper piecing and adorable card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun paper piecing and adorable card!

Annette Bowes said...

Cute Card Lou, lovely paper piercing, love the pink dinosaur, good luck with decorating, how exciting a new carpet, no drinks in that room for a while lol! Thanks for joining us over at Doodle Palace, take careX:)

Doodle Palace said...

Very Cute Dino Baby!! Thanks SO much for joining us this week at Doodle Palace!!

Dee and Robin

Pauline C said...

Very sweet card! Thanks for joining in this week with the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Pauline x