Thursday, 29 April 2010

A quick post . .

. . . as am using eldest son's PC as mine is till poorly ! The "unwelcome visitors" have been packed off home and the process of recovering everything now begins ! ! It's such a pain as everything I need for home and school is on my PC . . my external hard drive was also effected and I am furious ! It would appear that the deep clean all our laptops, external hard drives and memory sticks got after the schools computers were very badly infected, was next to useless - what a waste of money and what's worse is that we've all been using all these perifials back in school, so no doubt we've reinfected the schools computers ! The cynic in me wonders if the company concerned may have planned this to get more work . . . whoops that's casting aspersions . . . tut, tut, tut!

Well enough of my whinging, onto my post and had better be quick as Luke won't be happy that I've sneaked on ! ! ! I have several card to share with you today for different challenges and apologies to all my DT buddies for my lateness in posting and joining in. Also photo's are a little bit iffy as still playing with my new camera . . . holding camera and reading instruction book at the same time, doesn't work ! lol

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Inspirations Card Sketches - I really struggled with this weeks sketch and just didn't know what to do with the side bits . . bizarre I know but eventually came up with this card . .


I have used the stunning new ingenious stamps sets from Polka Doodles. I have used
"Maggie" Fairy Flutterby. The clever thing is that Maggie's wings are actually a butterfly . . you stamp both images out and then overlap (if you want) to create Maggie the fairy. I have decided to have both separate for my card.


I am also entering my card to the following challenges:


A Spoon Full of Sugar - 3D something
Creative Craft Challenges - blooming marvellous
Charisma Cardz Challenges - to make something girly and to use flowers
Allsorts Challenge Blog - photo inspiration challenge


* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Fab 'n' Funky Challenges - The challenge this week was to use "No DP !" and I had great fun playing with my stamps. I have made my background using the butterfly stamp with my Versa Fine clear pad and then colouring with chalks.


Originally I wanted to use a Dustin Pike image for an upcoming "male" card (I know I swore), but as my PC is sick, had to rethink my card and have used another of the Fairy Flutterby stamps sets, "Maxine". Loving this girls attitude . . .go girl ! I also used the great sketch over at the Passion for Promarkers challenge blog.


Craft Creations Challenges - to make your own backgrounds
Passion for Promarkers - follow sketch and make your own flowers
A Spoon Full of Sugar - 3D something
Allsorts Challenge Blog - photo inspiration challenge

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Phew, thinks that's all and my quick post as turned into a rather long one . . sorry but wanted to make sure I got everything on as not sure when I'll be allowed to go online again ! ! Parting teenagers from their PCs is a nasty, tricky business !

Take care,

Lou
x

10 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

how awful about the computer. it just amazes me how dependent we have become on them only to have to face such awful problems. but all will turn out well in the end!

both these cards are absolutely gorgeous! i'm loving both images and your colors are totally fabulous!

sandra tomlinson said...

love it hun it looks fab, thanks for joining in with our challenge at creative crafts and good luck xxx

Lindsey said...

What a great stamp set. Your cards are absolutely stunning!

Joanne Gilch said...

These two cards are fantastic. I love the layout on the first one, like something I've never seen before.

Pearl said...

great cards all , Lou ! great stamped images !!!

wouldn't have guessed that you struggled with the 1st one ! I was stumped myself.

Cheryl said...

I love both of these cards! Very cute.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your cards- I really like the 2nd one with the cute image and the butterfly- so pretty! I hope the computer issue gets straightened out soon- I just had to get a brand new one as well.

Dolly said...

Fabulous cards as always Lou. Thanks for stopping by and your lovely comments.
:)xx

Hope Jacare said...

Computer problems are a pain in the you know what!
However your cards on the other hand are wonderful! I love Maggie and have actually had to purchase her as she is super cute!
Hopefully your pc nightmare will soon be over Lou....Cheers Claire x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Fantastic card love that butterfly so elegant!

Thanks for playing at Allsorts
(photo inspiration wk 49)

Emma xxx