Friday, 30 April 2010

Something different for me ! !

Ruth, fellow Polka Doodles DT buddie decided this week that no cards were to be made for this weeks Polka Doodles challenge . . . yep, we had to alter something ! I sat for ages wondering what to do and was becoming quite fustrated as nothing I wanted or needed as gift etc was springing to mind, so I decided to distract myself by making my challenge cards for ICS and Fab'n' Funky . . . and blow me down an idea jumped up and bit me !

I have altered this humble, non-descript CD


to house my fab new Fairy Flutterby stamps and as I was using the "Babsie" set, I started there first . . .

CD front cover

I have used the original packaging and also stamped some additional images. A bit of matt & layering and voila, c'est fin ! Babsie is one of 6 Fairy Flutterby's and although she is shown with her fairy wings, they are actually a butterfly ! ! ! Babsie and butterfly are spearate stamps so it's upto you how you use them.

Inside covers

On the reverse of the front cover I have made a wallet to keep all my stamped images or made toppers. The other side holds my stamps, safely sandwiched between 2 sheets of acetate. The following photo's are different views of the inside of the CD.

This photo shows the "topper wallet".

Close up of my "topper wallet".


Another inside view !


Finally here is a close up of the gorgeous Babsie . . isn't she adorable? Love the "what me" expression on her face and I have coloured her with my promarkers.


Now just got to do several other CD's for my other Fairy Flutterby stamps and have discovered some empty DVD cases . . they would be perfect for the bigger stamps sets I have . . I see a plan formatting here ! !

I am also entering my "altered CD" into the following challenges:

Charisma Cardz Challenges - to make something girly and to use flowers
Cute Card Thursday - the theme is "Make your own". Well I have made my own stamp storage system ! How posh does that sound ?!?
Papertake Weekly Challenge - their theme is to do something different and I think my CD definitely qualifies !

Have a great weekend everyone. My throat infection is finally re-acting to the antibiotics and the pain is subsiding . . . yippee! It's Bank Holiday weekend in the UK which means . . . RAIN !

Lou
x

10 comments:

my5bratz said...

love, love LOVE this idea... GORGEOUS stamps..

the househunting is on hold just waiting for the finance side of things and also selling our house at the same time...tho Im getting anxious about trying to fit 2 houses worth of contents into one..lol

Lindsey said...

Hi Lou,
What a great idea for a storage solution! So pretty too. Now just another couple of thousand to make for all your other stamps and you'll be a super organised and tidy crafter!! (or are you already!?)
Linds xx

Nettie said...

I love storing stamps in a CD case. So well kept together and very cute of course.x

Tracey said...

WOW How cool is this Lou, I love it!

Hope you're having a good weekend.

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Allison said...

this is fab, lovely images
Thanks for playing along at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Lorraine A said...

Oh this is just fantastic ,,, I am kicking myself now for all the CD boxes I threw away ! I love how you masked the image and used the butterfly ,,, what a fab idea :-) I just love this !

thanks for joining the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x

Nikky Hall said...

this is such a good idea hun, LOVE it! xx

Maureen said...

wow...that was a great bite!! LOL Love what you did to the case...ingenious...
((()))reen

Cheryl said...

This is a great project! Very cute!

Enfys said...

Fantastic Lou, this one jumped right out at me on the blog.
big hugs
En xx