Friday, 7 May 2010

YIPPEE !

I've finally got my computer back and in full working order ! It has been hard trying to snaffle PC time from family and friends as you feel that you are over stepping their generosity if you then sit on THEIR PC for ever and a day! I have not been able to print off a digi images or use any of my down loadable paper sets or alternatively any of my CDs. However, this time has made me realise how much I do enjoy rubber stamping and I have had a good play with my "rubbah!"

Well I have 3 cards to share with you all for each of my DT positions and apologies to everyone for being so late posting them. It's OK me saying I've got my PC back but what has taken the time getting on here is all updates I have had to install . . . eek!

1st card: Inspirational Card Sketches

Dawn gave us all a sketch and then a colour combo. We were also allowed to chose a digi image from this weeks sponsor "Some Odd Girl". I found it hard to use all the colours in my card (from colour combo) as I already had a pre-arranged idea (in my head!) of the card I wanted to make . . . sorry Dawn . . .


I used the "pig flying" digi image which I printed onto several "dotty" papers. Doodled some clouds and a sentiment . . . and this card came together very quickly.

I am also entering my card in to the following challenges:

Simon Says - "Happy Birthday"
DU2DS - theme is "anything goes" this week
Digital Tuesday - theme is "A Toast to You". Our projects are to feature food (my pig!!) or drink !
Allsorts - would like us to use an animal

2nd card: "Fab 'n' Funky" challenges

"Fab 'n' Funky" are sponsored again by Elizabeth from Softpencil this week and I chose to work with the cute mermaid digi image for my card. I have also used the great sketch from the Just Us Girls Challenge blog.


The theme over at "Fab 'n' Funky" is to "show us your fancy edges!" so I used my new Martha Stewart punch (cheers Nikky), my scalloped punch and finally some tearing for all my "edges".

I am also entering my card into the following challenges:

Simon Says - "Happy Birthday"
DU2DS - theme is "anything goes" this week

3rd card: Polka Doodles

The theme this week over at Polka Doodles towers is "Summer Blossom" and because I have had no PC, I chose to use the fabby "Daisy Doodles" stamp set to create my card.

The card was finished with some chiffon ribbon, a few gems and a smigen of Liquid Pearls.

Right . . .have got to dash as I now need to print off reams of my school stuff which I couldn't access either and I am now way behind on my art planning and my weekend is also busy . . . not going to stress, not going to stress . . . !

Hope to catch up with everyone on Sunday as I am off to Warwick tomorrow on the start of the University visiting season !

Lou
x

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow Lou, thay are all lovely and all so different in styles. Glad you are up and running again
Linds xx

eiyiyi said...

So glad you are back and up to speed, Lou. you've been missed!!! hugs, eileen

Shelly Schmidt said...

You have been busy and quite creative! What dod we do in the past without digi images and MS punches? WOnderful cards!

Hope Jacare said...

Great cards Lou - glad to hear your pc is behaving! Cheers Claire x

Tracey said...

Glad you've got your computer back & you can catch up now Louise. These
are all gorgeous cards.

Hope you're having a great weekend.

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Debs said...

Welcome back Lou, you were truly missed,
great cards as usual
Hugs Debs

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Such fantastic cards, I love them all.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Hugs,

Jo and the Simon Says Challenge DT x

Jane said...

Stunning cards! the flying pig is so cute and I especially love the design of the third one! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp on our first blogoversary! hugs, Jane xxx

Maureen said...

wowza!! love all three but the piggie card is my fav!!
((()))reen

Paper Addict said...

I know about not having computer time and it sucks. The cards are beautiful!!! Hugs, Ronnie