Tuesday, 15 June 2010

ICS #70

Sorry for my leave of absence but have been "nurse mum" for the last week or so. Aaron (youngest son) managed to hurt his neck after a friend gave him a massage ! ! He went into school & told his friends that his neck hurt because he must of slept funny, so 1 friend kindly offered to massage it for him. Apparently they carefully put they're arms around his neck, squeezed & pulled, he heard a click and felt a hot sensation running up his neck ! ! So after a while (!) in A&E, we were issued loads of painkillers & a selection on heat pads. Aaron has literally been doped up to his eyeballs which has given him a false sense of security & mobility . . . but thankfully he is now on the mend . . . but not quick enough for him to represent the school at high jump on Thursday.

Now this week sketch over at Inspirational Card Sketches (ICS) is another great one from Dawn and I have used it to make another Father's Day card . . .


All the papers and elements are from Polka Doodles "Paper Boutique" CD. The CD has a great selection of templates, papers, embellies and loads more. Just a bit of matting / layering and my card came together rather quickly. Just hope it's manly enough now . . . lol !

I am also entering my card into the following challenges:

C.R.A.F.T Challenges - Father's Day
Creative Craft Challenges - "for the man in your life"


Well before I go, I thought I'd share my ICS card from last week and I used Dawn's sketch to make a Christmas Card ! ! ! My 1st Christmas card for 2010 . . . might be organised this year . . you never know !


No DP on this card, all stamped backgrounds, which have been inked and chalked. The flowers (poinsettia) have also been stamped, layered & finished with a glitter centres. For this card, I have used the "Christmas Doodles" stamp set from Polka Doodles.

Take care everyone and hoping to catch up . . . I know, I say that and never do but promise this week . . . promise . . ,

Lou
x

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow Lou, these are fantastic! Well done for making a Chritmas card, I just can't bring myself to do it yet and i know i'll wish i had come November!
xx

Suzi said...

Gorgeous Fathers day card, love the design. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Good luck in the draw.
Hugs
Suzi x

Alysha said...

Fab cards hunny, good luck in the challenges, love Aly xxx

Sammy said...

Great DAD card.

Thanks for joining in at Creative Craft

Hugs Sammy x