Followers

Thursday, 24 June 2010

Weird sort of week!

Yep, loads happening . . . some good, some not so good ! To end the week, I've been asked to go on the schools residential trip to support a boy with behavioural problems and the trips NEXT WEEK! Just wondering when I can fit everything in . . .

* Tomorrow off to Bristol for the University's open day
* Saturday am acting as a chaperone all day
* Sunday same as Saturday
* Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur & Fri away at residential
* Saturday acting as a chaperone again
* Sunday same a s Saturday !!!
* Monday . . back to work

Boy, oh boy am I looking forward to the summer holidays as I will need them to catch up with myself! Now onto this weeks theme at Fab'n'Funky Challenges which is "Sew and Sew" . You can use faux or real stitching or alternatively, sew something onto your project.


I went for faux stitching and then I have sewn the buttons onto my flowers. All the papers and elements are from the "All around and everywhere" CD from Polka Doodles. I made the card shape by drawing around a dinner plate and then punching out a whole load of circles to make my scallops.

I am also entering my card into the following challenges:

Simon Says - theme is "friends"
C.R.A.F.T - colour combo this week of black, lime green & lilac

I hope to have a quick catch up on Saturday and will visit as many peeps as possible but please forgive me if I don't leave you a comment . . . not sure I could fit it all in!

Lou
x

11 comments:

Dena said...

OH WOW!!! What a totally awesome card! Love, love, love the flowers you made and adding the gingham is a beautiful touch!!!!
Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

Hope Jacare said...

Wonderful card Lou - thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T.! Sound like you really need the school holidays! Cheers Claire x

Jennifer said...

Such a clever idea with your card shape! May have to give it a go myself. xx Jenny xx

Eiglas said...

What a wonderful card Lou! Not only are the colours right, it made me smile - it's such a happy card!
Thank you so much for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week!
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

Suzi said...

Hi Lou, this is just adorable, love the shape and those flowers. A wonderful take on the colour theme this week at C.R.A.F.T.
Thank you for joining us.
Suzi x

andrea said...

gorgeous card,have a good trip thankyou for joining us at c.r.a.f.t.
andrea

Kathy said...

Love this shape, so original. Very pretty and girly. Hope you get some time to relax very soon.

Trimgym said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- you used beautiful papers and love the stitching- awesome. The flowers are awesome too- great job. Your schedule makes me tired just reading it! I hope you have some time for yourself in their somewhere!

Bonibleaux Designs said...

This is so pretty!! Great job!

Nettie said...

This is stunning Lou. I love the shape of the card and the colours. Hope you make it throuh the week without too much trauma.x