Thursday, 3 June 2010

Whoops . . the one that got away!

Unfortunately life conspired against me last week with family matters plus training courses and I forgot to "blog" my Polka Doodles card but what makes this worse is that I set the challenge ! ! ! So many apologies to the lovely Polka Doodlers over at PD Towers. Now the challenge was called . .
"Sew and Sew"

which is pretty self-explanatory really. I made a HUGE 8" x 8" card for a friends birthday and new straight away what I wanted to do as I had inspiration from ICS with sketch #26 (which I have rotated 90' clockwise) . . .


I have used papers from the new CD "All around & Everywhere" to create my patchwork background and also my multi-layered flower, (which was finished with a pearl effect button I found in a drawer at my Dad's house!)


I have used several different edging punches from SU and Martha Stewart. The heart was hand cut, distressed a little & chalked the edges. Finally card finished with some chiffon ribbon. The word has been made using Letraset rub ons and you will definitely be seeing more of these as I found a box full crammed chocker with oodles & oodles of sheets that I had forgotten I had . . how could I forgotten these !?!?!
Sorry, you've got 3 photo's of the same card as I am still playing with my new camera and because I liked elements of all the photo's (but didn't prefer one photo over the other), I am sharing all with you . . . lol x

So as a quick summary, here are the challenges I am entering my card into:

Polka Doodles - "Sew and Sew"
Inspirational card Sketches - to pick any old sketch we loved and re-use it. I have chosen sketch #26
Creative Craft Challenges - theme is "Ribbon and Bows"
Charisma Cardz Challenges - to use flowers on our cards.

Happy Thursday everyone and I'm off to cut the grass before it gets too warm . . yep, I said it . . too warm !

Lou
x

10 comments:

Dianna said...

Very sweet card! {{HUGS}}

Hope Jacare said...

Great card Lou - sorry I missed your challenge last week...but made more effort this week! Cheers Claire x

Sylvia x said...

excellent card and thank you so much for joining in at creative craft challenges. good luck

sylvia x

sandra tomlinson said...

hi lou your card is worth the wait hun its stunning, thanks for joining creative craft challenges xxx

Faye said...

I LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEE this card, the dp and those flowers are fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Charisma. x

Lavender Rose said...

This is so pretty, love the heart you cut by hand, the stitching, gorgeous ribbon and flower...in fact I love everything about it!

Kerry said...

Great card Lou, sew pretty.

Debs said...

Gorgeous card love your colours and your handmade heart,
Hugs Debs (ICS DT)

Tasha said...

Beautiful card
Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz
love tasha xx

Fliss said...

Gorgeous card Lou and a big surprise to see it here!!!
xx