Followers

Friday, 4 June 2010

Yep it was me again . . .

. . . who set the challenge over at Polka Doodles. The challenge I decided to set everyone this week is to create a "Modern/Retro" themed anniversary card as hubby and I are celebrating 20 years of wedded bliss on 9th June ! ! ! We like to think that we still fit into that category (modern, retro & hip) although I think the kids might strongly disagree !!!


All the papers and digi toppers (or stampies as Nix likes to call them) are from the new "All around and Everywhere" CD and I have followed this week
2S4U sketch to start me off (as it were!) I have also used my Stampin Up and Martha Stewart punches to create the decorative edges.


Now the sentiment is a mixture of Letraset rub-ons, alphabet stamps & some lime green rub-ons (sorry, don't know the company as they weren't in their original packaging). The card is also quite big; 8" x 8" so hopefully hubby will be able to spot it!


I am also entering my card into the following challenges:

2S4U - followed this weeks sketch
Digital Tuesday Challenge - they want us to "get trendy" and I have chosen "Kitch Retro" as my trend.
A Spoon Full of Sugar - to make a celebration card

Have a great Friday everyone and I am off for a LONG blog hop. I have missed out on all the gossip and fab projects everyone has made so need to sort this out ASAP ! lol x

Lou
x

10 comments:

Nettie said...

Really adorable card Lou. I'm sure hubby will love it. 20 years wow!! I've only just celebrate 2 years. You must let me in on your secret.xx

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation Lou, and Happy Anniversry too.
Happy Crafting
Tracy x

Cheryl Nelson said...

sweet!! LOVE this!!!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my this is one fabulous card love those images and great colours thank you for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Laura Davis said...

Super cute card!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Sylvia said...

Cute card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great theme- Congrats on your 20th! I love the retro theme for your challenge- and the sentiment rub ons! TFS

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

What a cute card and a cool challenge!

Just stopping by to say thank you for participating in the Sugar Creek Hollow blog hop. Good luck on the draw for the prize basket!

Anneke said...

Sweet card :)
Thanks for joining us at Digital Tuesday!
Hugs anneke

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card Lou :) Congratulations to you & your hubby for your 20th Anniversary hope you had a great day.

Have a fab weekend :)

Hugs
Tracey
xx