Friday, 23 July 2010

OMG . . not blogged for sooooooooo long!`

Nearly died of shock when I saw the date of the last time I blogged . . . eeekkkkk, gulp and whoops! In my defence I have been extremely busy and haven't had a spare moment to myself however, now that school has broken up (HUGE yippee!) I can get down to some serious R&R and also give my crafting stash a glimpse of the daylight . . . !

Well I did want to share my Fab'n'Funky project but my camera is kaput and I am waiting for my old camera to charge up so I can use that instead, so I am going to begin by sharing my DT cards for the Polka Doodles challenge this week . . ooohhhh, should add photographed a while ago before NEW camera decided it no longer liked me!

The theme this week is "Christmas in July" and was set by the lovely Kris. I have made an easel card using the new Paper Boutiques 2 CD, Creative Christmas for all the elements for my card.





The Candy Shop image comes in various sizes and I have printed the image, plus decoupage layers, in A4 and then used the layered image on an 8" x 8" card. The edging was created using my Martha Stewart punch . . . (hint, hint Nikki . . when is the loops corner punch coming back into stock ?!?!?) . . . I have created snow layers from torn card and highlighted the edges with the Baby Blue Promarker. You will even notice that the "Glitter Phobe" as actually used glitter on her card . . . OK a smidgen of the stuff but hey, small steps and all that.

Ooooohhhhh before I forget, you must pop over to the Polka Doodles blog to checkout the MEGA competition that is occurring right now . . you can win the entire set of AquaMarkers from Letraset @ a RRP of £79.99. These are the new and improved AquaMarkers.

Well off to refill my coffee mug and catch up with everyone . . . I have missed so much that I think this will take me a while . . . am I bothered . . . no!

Lou
x

8 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

ooooo nice to see you back!!!

absolutely gorgeous card. love the way you did that border!

hugs :)

pinky said...

Nice to see you back in the real world again lol. Love this card, that sounds like a nice cd! Enjoy your coffee lol.
Pinky

Joanne Gilch said...

Lovely Christmas card, and an easel one to boot! Stunning 'store' in and amongst the torn paper.

Fliss said...

Fabulous card Lou. I love the loopy border and it works so well as an easel style card.
xx

Lindsey said...

This is FAR. TOO. GORGEOUS! How many weeks did this little beauty take to make? There is so much detail!
Linds x

Maureen said...

wowza! Love the card! And your design is absolutely perfect for an easel card....BEAUTIFUL!
((()))reen

LBC2710 said...

love the card that must of took age to make i wish i was that good i've been doing for a few year now but i'm nowhere as good as that could u tell me where i could get the stuff u used to try and make something like that. if you like you could take a look at my blog http://lynnspaperdreams.blogspot.com/ the blogs new still got a lot of desgins to upload

lyzzydee said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere!!!