Saturday, 7 August 2010

Recycling is so therapeutic!

Last week we received something through the post and it was wrapped in all this corrugated card. I was over the moon with the stuff . . . although my family were not sure why . . . and it set my crafty ideas flowing! The string was also used to secure the corrugated card. The large felt flower was a great find: I found it hiding in a book I am reading (bought from the Oxfam Bookshop) . . . the previous owner must of used it as a bookmark! It comes in 3 layers, so I have prised it apart and can now use 2 other flowers for other projects . . . this recycling thing is just FAB !

Anyhow whilst blogging at the beginning of the week (when I had internet !), I popped over to one of my fav challenge blogs, 2S4U and have used this weeks sketch to make my card . . . with all my recycled goodies!


The main image is from a new line of stamps recently released by Nix over at Polka Doodles . . . Prim Angel and she is a dream to colour (I've used my Promarkers). This FAB paper is from the new Creative Christmas CD and comes in loads of great colours; will definitely be using more of this on my Christmas cards this year. All the hearts are hand drawn and then inked around the edges.


I am also really, really pleased to have found a use for my Whispers Ink Pads which were given to me eons ago. I never found that they worked that well giving un-crisp images and/or text, so they have been sitting in a drawer gathering dust. Anyhow I bought a new sheet of "Cut 'n' Dry" (felt version) and the ink pads have become good for inking around card edges of my card and paper; they are dry ink pads so they don't flood the felt . . . yet another form of recycling ?!?!?!

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

2S4U
- have used this week sketch
Cupcake Craft Challenge - theme this week is "distressing"
Moving Along with the Times - "Christmas"
Creative Inspirations Challenge - theme is RECYCLING !

Have a great Saturday everyone and I'm off to play with my yummy goodies I received from Letraset in the week . . . well have to make them a "Thank You" card at least !

Lou
x

17 comments:

Hope Jacare said...

What a wonderful card Lou - and you are so green! I love the mix of textures - brilliant! Cheers Claire x

Ginny said...

recycling is awesome! my family doesn't understand either... but the thing that i do every Christmas is 'SAVE the ribbon!!!' hehe :D

i love your pretty Christmas card--you rocked the sketch! :) i love the twine and cardboard textures... totally adds to the feel :D

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

I do the same the ribbon! A great thing in my book so kudos to you for saving! This is a fabulous card! Great take on the sketch!

Joanne Gilch said...

I just love recycled stuff on cards and scrap book pages. Way to go girl.

Kazan Clark said...

gorgeous colors and I love the heart with the Christmas theme :)
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
Hugs
Kazan

Lisa Jane said...

I am a big fan of recycling too. Love the use of the corrugated ard.
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa ;)

Sarpreet said...

Gorgeous card - great ideas in recycling. Good luck with the challenges. Thank you for becoming a follower, I have become a follower of your site as well.

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW thats a brill idea you just gave me. I love what you did with the corrugated card. Hope the postie brings me some now. Oh no gonna have to buy some more crafty stuff first!!(What a shame LOL)
Love the card its gorjusss. Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week, Hazel xo

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi there, love your little Christmas card, such a lovely image and great colours. So glad you have joined us over at MAWTT this week, best of luck! hugs Heidi xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful use of a recycled crdboard- I love your sweet card! TFS

Tracey said...

Hi Louise, what a gorgeous card you made with all your recycled goodies & how satisfying :) I love everything about it!

Have a great week.

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Faye said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. Thank you for playing at Cupcake. x

shellshearer said...

Great idea for re-cycling hun love it....looks fab love your image really cute
thanks for joining in with my challenge this week over at MAWTT
hugs shell xx

Cheryl said...

Oh this is just too cute! I love this image and what you did with her. I can't believe you were able to recycle so much on one card. Fantastic.

Cor* said...

GREAT, fantastic recycling! Don't you just love when your creative juices flow from corrogated paper or a bead on the floor ! Thanks for joining in at Creative Inspirations for this fortnight challenge.

Basement gal said...

Beautiful project and I adore cardboard. Thanks for entering my challenge at creative inspirations this week.

craftykitten said...

Fabulous Christmas Card hun. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Challenges this fortnight.
Hugs
Dawn xx