Wednesday, 18 August 2010

Sketch Saturday really inspired me !

Loving this weeks sketch at Sketch Saturday, really inspired me to make 2 cards. I was struggling for ideas as they were both for the "male species" and they can be so tricky to make and not look naff! Well I always think my cards for the men & boys look naff but actually like these 2 !


I have (selectively) ignored the little extra bits on the strip element as couldn't think of what to add to them to keep with my theme.

Card number 1: "My brother is . . . "

Papers: MME Bloom & Grow papers
Image: High Hopes (I think)
Words: Imaginisce rub ons

I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

Sketch Saturday - used their sketch!
Creative Inspirations - recycle an object on your project. I have used a piece of cardboard packaging and the twine is also reused from a recent package I received.


Card number 2: "Built Tough . . . to party hard!"

Papers: MME Bloom & grow papers
Image: Sticker I kept which was supplied with hamster cage (from 3 years ago) !!!
Words: Imaginise rub ons

I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

Sketch Saturday - used their sketch!
JUGS - Howdy Partners
Creative Inspirations - recycle an object on your project. I have used the sticker which was meant to be used on the hamsters cage . . . who has subsequently gone to "hamster heaven" ! The twine is also reused and was on a recent package I received.

Well gotta dash as have some boring housework related chores to do . . . yuk, yuk and yuk!

Lou
x

6 comments:

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Well these definitely DO NOT look naff!!! I think they're fab and I love that they have a sense of humour to them. Love both the images and they are perfctly coloured.
Caroline xxx

Lindsey said...

Loving these babies...so not naff! Absolutely gorgeous Lou
Linds x

Lavender Rose said...

Absolutely love these!!!!! I hate making male cards and am never happy with the results, so I'm in awe of these two!

Kathryn B said...

I love BOTH your cards LuLu! You do a fab job making male oriented cards!!! So glad you could join us this week at Just Us Girls!!!

Stampin' Pam said...

Nicely done - a couple of fun cards for sure. Thanks for supporting the JUGS this week with your participation. *grin*

Lena Katrine said...

Great card with such a cute image and beautiful papers! Thanks for joining us at SS this week - best of luck!
Hugs, Lena