Wednesday, 4 August 2010

"Spotty, dotty and stretchy stripes!"

. . . is the theme of this weeks "Fab'n'Funky Challenge". It's not an opportunity for me to show you all my aged skin with all it's blemishes and gorgeous silvery grey stretch marks . . . that's even too scary for me to contemplate !

I have used a great digi image from Elizabeth @ Softpencil for my card and the yummy MME free papers given away in Cardmaking and Papercrafts (Issue 81).


Papers: MME Papers - Quite Contrary
Image: Softpencil
Punches : SU and Martha Stewart
Ribbon: from stash
Sentiments: Letraset rub-on lettering (various)



A quick and simple card and in real life it looks so bright and fresh . . . naff photography skills on my behalf . . . one day I will master the art of taking a fab photo of my work . . . obviously not just yet ! I am really pleased with the sun image as I have just layered some punches (Stampin' Up) and then used the loops from a Martha Stewart punch to add the suns rays . . . will definitely try this again but might make a flower next time !

I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

"Fab'n'Funky Challenge" - "Spotty, dotty and stretchy stripes
Papertake Weekly - "White and Bright" . . . not brave enough to use predominately white but hey, another idea for my technique book.
Incy Winsy Designs - "Summer Fun"
Creative Card Crew - "Cute and Girly" - I think that my card fits this theme . . doesn't it ?!?!?

Have a great day everyone and I am completely indulging myself today but putting my feet up and catching up properly with the blogging world . . . sooo many project to look at and techniques to write down in my little book !

Lou
x

6 comments:

pink lady said...

Gorgeous card Lou, I love the summery colours and the sun is fab! x

Dolly said...

Nice to catch up Lou. Such a pretty card, love how you've created the sun, must remember that one ;) xx

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Lulu, such a summery card!
Clairex

pinky said...

Nice to see you again lulu, your card is a wee stunner, love the sunny colours. Hope you are enjoying your holidays.
pinky

Jennifer said...

Hi Lou! Lovely card! Fab papers, image and layout. Lovely colouring xx Jenny xx

Lindsey said...

Love the card Lou. Great papers and i lovethe image x