Wednesday, 19 January 2011

2 cards to share

Hi everyone,

How has your week been? Mine has been relatively uneventful but still "full" with little time to craft at the moment. However I did try and organise my photo's last week to make it easier to blog when away from home . . . guess what? . . . it didn't work and that's why there was no photo on my post last week . . . ! Gone back to my old method and am very happy, even if it does mean that I have just proved to my children that I am technologically challenged!
OK the first card is my "warm and toasty" card where the theme last week was to use warm colour tones in your projects for Fab'n'Funky Challenges. It's a simple matt and layer card but I love it all the same.

Papers: Pink Petticoat "Fairy Lights"
Butterfly cut on Craft Robo
Flowers, ribbon & gems from stash


I have coloured the butterfly with Shimmer Mist (Gold) and then embossed with clear embossing powder.

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

Digital Tuesday - the theme is "Tropical Warmth"
Flutterby Wednesday - to use a butterfly, fairy or angel
Pile It On - "anything goes" theme this week

My next card is for this weeks Fab'n'Funky Challenge which is called "Animal Magic" and I have used a Robyn's Digital Fetish image which is so cute but not (if that makes sense?!?).

Papers: Polka Doodles "Back to Nature" CD
Ribbon recycled from packaging
Flowers from stash
Hearts made with Fimo

Another quick card to make (40 mins including the colouring) and have to say am loving the colour combo on this one . . . that is strange from a "non-pink" person.

I am also entering my card into the following challenges:

Papertake Weekly - ribbons and pearls
Passion for Promarkers - theme this week is "all you need is love"
Secret Crafter - theme is "with love"
Sketch Saturday - I used their FAB sketch this week
Pile It On - "anything goes" theme this week
Creatalicious Challenges - theme is to use ribbon and "love" theme

OK better dash as I have to prep for class tomorrow. I am hoping maybe able to pop on here later to catch up with you all . . . ,

Lou
x

15 comments:

Gro said...

Wow - I love it. And your colour combo is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at PfP this week :o)

Janne said...

Such a lovely card! I agree with you..the colours are just beautiful. The image is so cute too. Everything fits perfectly.
Thanks for joining us at the creatalicious challenges♥♥
♥♥Janne♥♥

lil-paper-pixie said...

Stunning card Lou, love the image, perfectly coloured, thanks for playing along at PFP.

Hugs

Sarah

Ida / Little said...

Beautiful cards! The frog image is just so cool! :) Thanks for joining us at PfP this week :)

Hugs Ida

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Beautiful "With Love" card

Thanks for joining us on Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Lou, what a pretty card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Her "pearl" necklace looks amazing! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Jennie Reedy said...

such a beautiful butterfly. I love the papers and all the pretty embellishments! Thanks for joining FBW

Jennie Reedy said...

such a beautiful butterfly. I love the papers and all the pretty embellishments! Thanks for joining FBW

coops said...

fabulous card lou.i love the fab image and your colour combo and details are gorgeous :D
thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Nancy said...

Gorgeous butterfly card!! The froggy card is so fun and vibrant!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week at Flutter By Wednesday!!

Scrappy said...

OMIGOODNESS! These are BOTH stunning creations! Truly amazing attention to detail and everything is PERFECT! WOW!

Thanks so much for sharing your talent and creativity by playing along with us this week at PIO! We hope to see you back next week!

Helen said...

Fab cards!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

cardcrazy said...

Your flutter by card is stunning, well both cards are! thanks for joining us this week at Flutter By Wednesday!

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous cards!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again next week!
hugs, Sharon

Claire Phillips said...

That butterfly card is absolutely stunning Lou - just fabulous! The froggy one is so fun! Cheers Claire x