Followers

Wednesday, 5 January 2011

Phew . . . finally made somethng I quite like !!!

I hope everyone had a Christmas and New Year and are now fully recharged for the 2011. I've taken down all the decorations and the house looks so bare . . . and larger ! Even though we were in Ireland for the festive period, we still had to put the decorations up . . . much to hubby's annoyance . . . hee, hee, hee!

Now the theme this week over at Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week was a simple one . . . "Anything Goes" . . . the DT decided to ease everybody back in slowly and allow people to make the card and/or project they needed. I have made a much needed "Thank You" card for my parents as they did loads for us to make our Christmas special and they have also had a rough ride for the last 3/4 months, so I wanted my card to be "special" . . . it's a shame my photography skills are so naff as the photo's don't do the card justice!

Papers: HOTP and DCWV
Acetate Butterflies: HOTP
Decorative frame: Nellie Snellen
Ribbon and gems from stash

Here is a close up of the butterfly element which is printed onto acetate and placed over the background one. It is a beautiful deep purple colour and very striking "in the flesh" ! I also did exactly the same to the smaller butterfly.



To create my layers, I cut the flower centre away and cut one wing on each of the butterflies. I then glued the flower portion down onto my backing card and using the remaining paper it came from, I used 3D foam to add height; this also made it appear that I had used 2 separate papers. I then further enhanced the flower image (making at more of a focal point), by framing it. This was made by cutting a frame using my new Nellie Snellen dies and then made sure that the butterfly wings were raised over this frame . . . gosh, I hope my explanation makes some sense !?!?!?


I am also entering my card into the following challenges:

Truly Scrumptious - fab sketch although I have had to change the sentiments location as it looked better in the other corner. OOOOOhhhhhhh, maybe I could say that I rotate the sketch 180 degrees !!!
Allsorts - to make a "Thank You" card
Papertake Weekly - "Anything goes" challenge
The Shabby Tea Room - use only 11 elements . . . gosh I've counted and counted and think I've got it right !!!
The Creative Cottage - theme is "something new" and this has to be my Nellie Snellen dies . . . and I got 4 sets from Santa this year along with my Big Shot . . . which cut the dies !!!

Have a great week everyone and must catch up with loads of blog hopping as I have missed so much this last month!

Lou
x

15 comments:

cbuswell said...

oooh, love the frame and pretty butterflies! thanks for playing along this week at the Shabby Tea Room! : )

heidy said...

Oh wow Lou,this is so pretty,love it!!!
Hugs Heidy

Lindsey said...

Wow Lou this is fabulous! There is sooo much effort that has gone into this and it has really paid off!
Linds x

Nicole said...

Pretty card - love the butterfly! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Biscuitlid said...

this is gorgeous Lou, I love that Nellie border - looks so clean and crips with that perfect white bow
Love
Victoria
x

brenda said...

Hi Lou

What a gorgeous creation. Love how you have framed the image and the way you have placed the sentiment.

Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x

eiyiyi said...

This is gorgeous Lou ... your parents are going to love it. those butterflies are flat out amazing! hugs, eileen

lindyloo said...

oh hun this is super thanks for joining us at the creative cottage hope to see you again huggies linda x

Anne said...

What a pretty card for your parents, that butterfly is gorgeous!

Phindys Place has a Thank You challenge running too at the moment, do please pop by and enter, you have until Friday morning:)
Happy New Year
Anne
X

Fleur said...

A beautiful card, love the gorgeous butterfly
Thanks for joining my challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Suzanne said...

Another gorgeous card, Lou xx

PapierGirl said...

Gorgeous! I love the beautiful frame! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

This is so pretty love the layout and of course the butterfly is my favourite element

Thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emmaxxx

True :) said...

Ooooh...I like it too!
Very pretty!
Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Paper Take Weekly!
I am now one of your followers.  ;)  I would love it if you came to visit my blog and become a follower too!
Hugs,
True :D

Shelly said...

Great idea for our new challenge! Love the butterfly! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage! Shelly :)