Followers

Friday, 7 January 2011

Polka Doodles New Year Wish!

Now it's been a eon since I have been able to join in with my fellow Polka Doodlers and this year I have decided that I will always take the time to participate as Nikky is very generous with her time & products and always supports her DT. Ooohhh before I forget you can see Nikky on Create and Craft TV this Saturday showing off the new Polka Doodles CD - Paper Boutique Vol 3. She has 2 live shows at noon and 3pm . . . so don't forget to watch and support her.

Now this weeks Polka Doodles Challenge was set by Emma who has asked that we design our project based upon "A wish for the New year".


My wish for this year is to always be "So Thankful" for all that I have; all the people I know (family, friends & work colleagues) . . . basically what I am saying is to always be thankful even when times are hard. I have used papers from the "All Around and Everywhere" CD and all the topper elements, flower, measuring tape and including the sentiment is from the Spring section on the "Sundae of Seasons" CD.


I have further embellished the card with sewing paraphernalia - buttons, threads, bias binding as my ribbon, wonder web for the bow and several pins!

I am also entering my card into the following challenges:

JUGS - used their great sketch from last week although it has morphed a little with all the embellies but the basic sketch is still there!
Allsorts - theme "Thank You"
Phindy's Place Challenge - theme "Give thanks" however there is an added bit "to use up your scraps". My scraps are the bits and bobs that were lying around in my sewing box . . . can I classify these as scraps?
Cute Card Thursday - theme is "out with the old" and my "old bits" are the bits raided from my sewing box which I have had for ages and ages.
Totally Papercrafts- theme "say thankyou"

So happy it's Friday . . . only been back at school 4 days and feel like I haven't had a break ! !

Lou
x

10 comments:

Debbie Johns said...

Love your card Lulu, Beautiful colours.Take care.Debbie x

Suzanne said...

Another gorgeous card, Lou. Love it x

Claire Phillips said...

Great card Lou and I think you have the sentiment to perfection - indeed we do need to be thankful! Great to have you back! Cheers Claire x

lis-m said...

Hi lOu..
love this card..love your style...i especially like the flower.
happy New year to you..
Hugs xx

Fleur said...

Gorgeous card Lulu
Thanks for joining my challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Mandi said...

Fantastic card
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week

mandi xx

Miria said...

Hi, Lou. Thank you for your lovely comment. This card is gorgeous, I like the sketch and the image combo! Hugs, Miria

Ginny said...

loving this, the twine in the buttons...everything

we too took down our decos and the loungeroom is looking VERY bare :( lol

Dezinaworld said...

Hi Lou, I just wanted to pop by and wish you a happy new year. Also to tell you my prize came in the post this morning so i was thrilled as thought the postie had lost it. I absolutely adore your beautiful wishes card, it is so fabulous and especially love the colours and tones you used.
hugs June xxxx

Vintage Milly said...

OOOh this is just goergeous Lou, I love your clever use of all the sewing bits and bobs - wonderweb, I'd never have thought of that but it looks sooo fab, thanks for making such a lovely project for my theme this week,
all the very best to you,
Em.x