Followers

Friday, 25 February 2011

Encouraged by En!

Well the ever so talented En (Enfys) is having a wee little Letraset competition on her blog at the moment, so I had to enter! I have coloured a squillion images to make into cards and then found none really inspired me any further . . . not a good start me thinks. Any hoo, I finally settled on the Pink Cat Studio digi image which was one of the images I had coloured in my frenzy and a "quick" card idea popped into my head . . . phew!

Papers: Polka Doodles (Paper Botique 3)
Image: Pink Cat Studio
Sentiment: SU
String: from stash

I made a simple birthday present by layering plain and decorative papers and as finishing touch some manly string . . . lol . . The image was coloured with Promarkers adding subtle white gel highlights. It has then been double mounted and placed in front of the present . . . a really quick card to make once I had settled on an idea in my head!


Promarker "blended" colours used:
Powder Blue & Pastel Blue
Forest Green & Pear Green
Ice Grey 1 & Cool Grey 4
Tan & Cinnamon
Pumpkin
Ruby

I can't get the photo I took of the blended colours to look like the colours (!) so will try scanning the swatch in and then add it to this post . . . bear with me as I have to try and remember how to use our scanner!

Why not have a colouring session and enter En's giveaway.

Lou
x

12 comments:

Martha said...

This card is sooo cute!! Love it Lulu!
Hugs,
Martha

heidy said...

Hi Lou,great card,love the LO
Hugs Heidy

Sarpreet said...

so gorgeous - beautifully designed

Claire Phillips said...

Brilliant card Lou - love that fun image and great colouring! Cheers Claire x

Sammie said...

This really is a cheeky little image and a great way to set it off with the present background. Love it xxx
P.S Your made-over card is on my blog!

Enfys said...

Fab card Lou, thanks for joining in, and good luck,
big hugs
En xx

Sammie said...

Hiya again hunni,
Help --can you (or anyone else) tell me if Sizzix Sizzlets fit in a Cuttlebug? Thanks!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- so fun!

Paper Addict said...

oh, I love it, so adorable!!
Ronnie

Saskia said...

Great card! I love that cute image!

Saskia :)

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Hi Lou, cute card. I'm so glad I'm not the only person who doesn't blog several times a week, lol. Hope all is well with you.

Maureen said...

That is such an adorable card! Love it!
reen