Make your own . .

embellishment is the theme at Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week and I have had a play with my glimmer mists and embossing powders. My printer was still out of action when I made my DT card but I have good news . . . MY PRINTER NOW WORKS! Ooooohhhhh, can't wait to fire it up and print off some designs . . . but have promised my inks, stamps & embossing powders that I will not neglect them again!

My "hand made" embellishments are my decorated ribbon, flowers and butterfly.

Papers: Perfect Papers by Pink Petticoat
Sentiment: ET of Vibgyor Crafts
Bobble ribbon from Polka Doodles

I have used Pink Petticoat papers which I have distressed, glimmer misted and then embossed with clear embossing powder. The huge "Dream" sentiment has also had the same treatment!


I made the butterfly by cutting out the image on my craftrobo and then making additional wing layers with acetate and papers. All have had the same treatment as the papers! I added gems to the butterflies wings, thorax and abdomen.


My flowers are heart shapes joined together with a little paper rose in the middle (which chalked and inked edges). Finally my ribbons have been sewn together with beads and sequins.


Phew think that's everything but should say that the card is 8"x8" in size and is for my Mum's birthday . . . just hope she likes it now!?!?! She's a card maker too and a very fussy one! lol

I an entering my card into the following challenges:

Party Time Tuesdays - have used their sketch
Ooh La La Challenges - make something for someone special . . . this is for my Mum
Allsorts - theme is "it's all about the sentiment"!
Creative Cottage: Fabulous Florals
Little Red Wagon - use your mist!
Simon Says Stamp: Make your own embellishment

Well better go and get the tea on as the hoards are starting to hassle me!

Lou
x

Comments

Martha said…
Wow, what a gorgeous and elegant card Lulu!!
Debbie said…
Your Mum will love it. Who wouldn't.It's beautiful.Exquisite in fact.Glad your printer is working again.Take care.Debbie x
heidy said…
Oh Lou,your mum will love this,it,s so delicate.
Gorgeous!!
XXX Heidy
♥ Marlou ♥ said…
this is simply stunning!! :)
Wendi said…
What a very lucky mum you have your card is beautiful and all of your embellishments are gorgeous
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi
lindyloo said…
what a beautiful card I love all the embellishments thank you for joining us at the creative cottage Good luck linda x
Rose said…
Gorgeous card! I love all the beautiful embellishments you have added, and the butterfly is a wonderful finishing touch! Thanks for partying with us at PTT this week!
Donna said…
Pretty card and fab use of flowers for our challenge at the Creative Cottage this week! Thanks for joining in the fun with us :) Donna x
Suzanne said…
What's not to like, Lou. Its absolutely gorgeous. Fantastic DIY embellies too x
very clever butterfly
TaraG said…
WOW, Lou you have made such a gorgeous card and so many fabulous handmade details...love the gorgeous flowers and the trim is fabulous! Gorgeous!
Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge!
Hugs,t
This is so ramantic and beautiful! I love your flowers in the corner. The light touch of pink is so pretty. That butteryfly is amazing and I love the toile paper and the trim you've used. What a great card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Party Time Tuesdays. Hope to see you again soon!
~Renee
PTT DT
E.T said…
WOWA! Thank you so much for letting me know that you have used one of my sentiments! I am so glad you did! Your card is GORGEOUS! I love everything about it! I love how you have kept the sentiment as a focal point! This is brilliant!
Tracy said…
wow this is stunning, i love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage, Tracy x
Patchi said…
Beautiful card! A lot of work and love went into it - so I'm sure your Mom will love it!

Thanks for joining Party Time Tuesday this week and we hope to see you back soon!

Patchi
PTT-DT
pink lady said…
ooooh Lou this is stunning. Love all the distressing on the papers and the handmade flowers and butterflies are just gorgeous. I bet your mum will love it...hugs Shelly x
Sammie said…
This so sophisticated, I feel more mature and womanly just for having set eyes upon it. I absolutely love it! xxx
Debgem said…
Wow!! There's so much detail in this card - it's fabulous!!
debby4000 said…
beautiful card, love the butterfly.
luv
Debby
Jennifer said…
Stunning Lou...I can see lots of work went into this xx Jenny xx
Rosanne said…
Very pretty! Love all the detail!Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!
Shelly Schmidt said…
Beautiful- I LOVE the butterfly- wonderful!
Antonella said…
Wow!! That is all I can say, this card is stunning!!! I love your butterfly - lucky you with a craft robo :-)

I popped over from the Creative Cottage Fab Florals challenge!

Hugs, antonella :-)
Jenn said…
This is just beautiful! Thanks so much for using our sketch for your design!

Thanks for partying with us at PTT. Hope to see you back next week!

Jenn
Party Time Tuesdays
Avril Tanner said…
absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with LRW!
Stacy said…
one of its kind! really exquisite card there!

Great to have you partying with us at PTT, hope to see you next week! :)

Hugs, Stacy
PTT DT Member
Jenn said…
Congratulations you are one of our VIP Top 3. Please visit Party Time Tuesdays.

Jenn
PTT