Followers

Friday, 11 February 2011

Not quite sure . . .

. . if I'm 100% sure that this card is balanced or maybe it's just too neat for me!!!

Over at Polka Doodles this week we have the theme "That's Amore" but the twist is to create your project with a Love Song in mind ! Uuuummmmm . . . not a "love song" sort of person so struggled to think of a lovey dovey song that I liked and having no working printer at the moment frustrated me further! Well after looking through my "toones" on the computer, finally decided on "Truly, Madly, Deeply" by Savage Gardens. If your not sure what it sounds like, check out this link on You Tube . .


I have used the ever so versatile baroque style stamp from the "Daisy Doodles" collection to create all my detail; the border strips & the lickle toppers. A little embossing, velvet ribbon and shocking pink vellum add a touch of texture to the card along with some gems and metal staples (used as hangers)! Decorative edges created with a Martha Stewart punch and sentiment using Doodlebug rub-ons.

A quick, simple card and am falling in love with Kraft Card all over again . . . could you guess . . ! I am also entering my card into the following challenges:

Flutter by Wednesday's - use at least 3 hearts
A Spoon Full of Sugar - "let's see some love"
Papertake Weekly - "Have a heart"
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - "hearts gone wild"

OK . . have a busy day today as we're off to the Fitzwilliam Museum in Cambridge to have a nose around and then join in some Greek themed workshops.

Have a great Friday everyone,

Lou
x

14 comments:

heidy said...

Oh this is so pretty Lou!!
XXX Heidy

Tip Top said...

That is a very fab card and do like the idea of no printed papers!!

eiyiyi said...

Beautiful card,Lou. No printer ..... gives me the shakes. That's worse than having the car off to the garage to be fixed! Have a wonderful Valentine's Day. hugs, eileen

Fliss said...

Gorgeous card Lou and I can't tell you how much I love that stamp! It's my favourite from the set and never gets put away.
xx

Martha said...

Well, I am 100% sure that I love this card!!!!!!

Sammie said...

Well, I absolutely adore it! It is a little out of character for you, but I think it is beautifully balanced. If I ever bought cards (which I don't!), this would scream at me from the shelves.
It is perfect! Love it!

Ginny said...

love everything about this card, fab colour combo

well i think that having no printer is working wonders for you, maybe we should make it a future challenge :)

Angie said...

stunning card love the heart images thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly
Angie x

Claire Phillips said...

I think this is perfect Lou - just so elegant - beautiful! Cheers Claire x

Jennifer said...

Love it Lou! Really stunning xx Jenny xx

Danni said...

A beautiful card, although I'm not spying a butterfly, fairy or angel to let it qualify for my flutter by challenge but it is a beautiful card!

Skraptacular Designs said...

What a wonderful creation for our Stamptacular "Hearts Gone Wild" Challenge this week! I just love it!

In case I haven't mentioned this to you before and you're interested...thought I'd also mention to you about our DT Call that's going on right now! We'd love for you to apply, if you haven't already! All the details are located on our blot at http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.com.

Thanks so much for playing along with us this week! Hope you'll join us again soon for some more challenge fun!

Hugs,
Priscilla

lis-m said...

Lou.. i love how you have done this card.. so effective , and without a printer!
I really like this stamp , must investigate.
hugs xx

Pinkllilac said...

Gorgeous card Lulu love the colours and beautiful images of hearts.
Hugs Linda