Wednesday, 9 February 2011

Still no printer

but I have been reliably informed by the tech savvy lads in my house that the doofer that fits the whatsit, that in turn sends a message to wherever and possibly is now whistling in the wind (!) will be back on line very soon . . . as you can see tech jargon is totally lost on me and in fact, inconsequential to my crafting needs ! Suffice to say my Wifi printer will now work . . . very soon!

Anyhow, as I couldn't print off (again) any digi images, I have been using pre-printed stash or just saying "hi" to long neglected crafting stash and whilst blogging the other night was really taken by the JUGS sketch and challenge this week. So this is what I came up with . . .


I loved the idea of just putting everything in the top of the card and letting the other parts be "free". However, I have changed mine a little by using a Kraft DL sized card . . hey crafter prerogative. It also help me create my Fab'n'Funky DT card this week as the theme is "Tempting Textures".


All my "tempting textures" are: 1) embossed background, 2) embossed flower, 3) ribbon (1 is velvet) and finally a felt butterfly. The sentiment is from (ET of Vibgyor Crafts) and I made the flower using scraps of paper. The felt butterfly was in one of my many "bits and bobs" boxes!

In short, I am entering my card into the following challenges:

Fab'n'Funky - theme is "tempting texture"
JUGS
- brilliant sketch
Shabby Tea Room - "Sweet Hearts"
Papertake Weekly - "Have a Heart" - 2 layers of my flower are made from hearts and a lickle heart on the sentiment.

Gotta dash as it's very late and I have loads to do before the end of today, especially as I need to be up with the birds in the morning.

Lou
x

19 comments:

Pinkllilac said...

Love your card Lulu and great sentiment,with a sentiment like this who needs tecno savvy, hope your printer is back with you soon.
Hugs Linda

Clairebears said...

I love your card. And I hope you get your printer sorted soon. I'd be lost without mine!
Love Clairebears x

heidy said...

Hi Lou,what an Elegant card,I love it!!
XXX Heidy

Martha said...

Love this, it is beautiful Lulu!

Debbie Johns said...

Beautiful card Lulu.The colours are amazing.Take care.Debbie x

Lindsey said...

Ooooh Lou it's gorjussness in a card!

andrea said...

Gorgeous card,love the felt butterfly so sweet
andrea xxx

Suzanne said...

This is lovely. Love the pink especially - nice and bright. You sound like me with the tech stuff, lol. Hope it gets sorted for you soon x

pink lady said...

Wow Lou, who needs a printer! This is absolutely stunning, I love everything about it, especially that gorgeous flower...hugs Shelly x

Jennifer said...

Beautiful Lou...love the shape xx Jenny xx

Debbie said...

Oh my ... your blog post made me laugh! I think we're sisters separated at birth! My printer died this week also and when trying to revive it, I didn't know the doohickie from the whoseewhatsit either!!! Techy things intimidate me! Your card is simply adorable ... thanks for sharing with us this week in the Tea Room :)

Joanne Gilch said...

sorry to hear about your printer woes! the card is spectacular!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Your card is gorgeous!! Love the awesome colors! Sorry to hear about your printer! I know how you feel! You feel lost without it!

Thank you so much for joining us this week in the Tea Room! :)

Hugs...
Melissa
TSTR Designer

Valérie said...

this is wonderful, I love this colors !!!!!

Ginny said...

who needs a printer...i LOVE this :)

Elise said...

Oh, DEAR! I sure hope your printer is on the mend! MEANWHILE, didn't slow you down in the CREATIVITY department, one bit! Your use of this fabulous sketch has me all-a-swoon! TERRIFIC JOB! Thanks for sharing your talent with JUST US GIRLSSSSS!

Dana Gustafson said...

Brilliantly done! I love all your picks from your stash and the shape of your card. Thank you so much for playing with Just Us Girls this week!

Lisa aka Myran said...

This is so pretty Lulu! I love the cute butterfly. Thanks for sharing with us at Papertake Weekly :)

Andrea M said...

B-E-A-U-TIFULLY done!!! What a beautiful take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!!!