Wednesday, 2 February 2011

Technology woes!

We recently bought a new all singing and dancing router which could near enough "walk on water" and guess what . . . yep, it's thrown a male type strop!!! It can't handle too many thngs at the same time (just like a man; not able to multi-task) and just keeps cutting out on us all . . . the worst part is that I can't get the wireless printer to work properly and therefore can't use any of my digi images or papers . . . complete pain in the bottom. I wouldn't of minded so much if the lads hadn't chucked out my old Epsom printer (really old, much loved) which I could of just plugged in and printed away to my hearts content . . . technology, men . . . ggrrrrr!

OK, the Fab'n'Funky theme this week is a colour combo of "Chocolate and Blue" and we are sponsored by Dude Time Doodles. I so wanted to use one otheir images but due to my printer woes . . . couldn't! So had to dust off my stamps and play with some ink for a change.


I have used "Summer by the Sea" set from Stampin Up and have coloured it using only 5 different promarkers ( and a sneaky bit of white gel pen!) I got the idea after seeing Nix's demo on Create and Craft this weekend (Nikky from Polka Doodles) and wondered if I could copy it and also whether it would work with any stamps. Sorry for the poor photo but the card looks very Sepia toned in real life . . with a modern twist of course.

Here is a close up of the image and simple colouring style used to achieve this effect.
Edited to add - promarkers coloured used are: blush, tan, cinnamon, henna & cool grey 4


I also decided to make a strip using only the flower bit from the main image. I have repeated it and then coloured using the same technique as the topper. The card is finished off with some gems and 2 acetate butterflies. The sentiment is also from the same set.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Fab'n'Funky: colour combo "Chocolate and Blue"
Passion for Promarkers: Photo inspiration
Sketchy Colours: colour combo of "Blue, Brown & White"
Cute Card Thursday: I have used their great sketch

Stampacular Sunday Challenge: theme is "Whateva"

Now I need to get me some internet time and catch up with some serious blogging. Take care and hope to visit really soon,

Lou
x

17 comments:

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous card and image, Lou. Hope things get sorted soon x

heidy said...

Hi Lou,I did know you came up with somting gorgeous!!
XXX Heidy

Lindsey said...

Wow Lou this is stunning! Sometime you can't beat ink and rubber!
Linds x

pink lady said...

Lou this is fabulous, love the vintage feel to it and that strip along the bottom looks beautiful...who needs printers! Hugs Shelly x

lil-paper-pixie said...

Stunning card, what colour Promarkers have you used, such a stunning effect!! Thanks for playing along at PFP.

Hugs

Sarah

Tracey said...

This is beautiful Louise, I love the soft tones & that border looks gorgeous :)

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Gro said...

Gorgeous card, and your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at PfP this week :o)

Ida / Little said...

Wow, what a stunning card Lou. Gorgeous colouring and a cosy feel to the card! Thanks for joining my challenge at PfP this week :)

Hugs Ida

Ginny said...

simply gorgeous...

Jennifer said...

Hi Lou...love the image so much! Gorgeous soft breezy card xx Jenny xx

Claire's cards said...

A beautiful card, so very serene and calming. I love the sepia look.
Claire

Claire Phillips said...

What beautiful colouring Lou - gorgeous! Cheers Claire x

andrea said...

Gorgeous card love the image,yes we do have the same dies:)much as i love the look of nesties my poor old purse prefers the cost of nellies lol
andrea

coops said...

stunning card lou.the image is beautiful and i love your fab sepia colouring.
thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Sprytebyrd said...

Beautiful card! Such a lovely image and I love the soft colors!
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Spot

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Lou, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Skraptacular Designs said...

Thank you so much for participating in our "Whateva!" challenge this week at Stamptacular! Your submission is absolutely wonderful and so inspirational!

Also, in case you're interested, we're in the middle of a DT Call and would love for you to apply! You can find detailed information on what is required and how to apply on our Challenge Blog...http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.com!

Thanks again for joining us this week at Stamptacular! I hope you'll join us again soon for some more challenge fun!

Hugs,
Priscilla