Friday, 18 February 2011

Uuuuummmmmm chocolate!

That's the theme chosen by Saskia our "Belgian choclat gir"l over at Polka Doodles and now that I have my printer back on line . . . happy, happy, happy dance at Chez Lou . . . I knew straight away what I wanted to do to fit this weeks theme. All papers, topper images and sentiment are from the fab Sundae of Seasons CD which is simply choc-ker (get the pun?) with images, papers, sentiments, digi images . . you name it, it's got it.
Papers: Sundae of Seasons CD from Polka Doodles
Topper elements: as above
Bias binding ribbon & flowers: Orchard Crafts
Lickle word sentiment: written by ME!
Gems from stash
Hearts made with X-cut punch

I made a pocket on the front of my card to put my cake bits and bobs onto with some bias binding ribbon along the top to finish it off! The little sentiments were written by me, chopped up, mounted on chocolate paper and then added . . . however the brown protruding bit in the mixing bowl is not meant to be there!!! Only just noticed it when I uploaded my cards.


As you can the large tag is removable and has a sentiment topper added (which is also on the CD). I have added some hearts, gems, a lickle flower and the softest bias binding ribbon ever!



I am entering my card into the following challenge:
Colour Create - colour combo of "Chocolate, Strawberry and Cream"

Right gotta dash and get showered as have to take Aaron to the doctors. I can't cope with his hacking cough any longer and am in desperate need to be able to get some sleep . . . mind you, so does he too!

Lou
x

11 comments:

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous card, Lou. Love it x

heidy said...

I agree with Suzanne,Lou,Love it!
XXX Heidy

Ruthie said...

Hiya Lou

Love it - too!

I do like those colours!

Hope Aaron gets something to sort his cough out!

Rx

Miria said...

What a great creation, Lou! I love the removable tag! I hope Aaron is better and you can sleep lol. Thake care, Miria xx

Claire Phillips said...

Fab project Lou - so many twidly bits to look at - brill! Cheers Claire x

Ashley Lydia said...

Great card Lou ! I love it !

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun card- looks like you had lots of fun with ribbon! Hope you are getting some sleep!

Fliss said...

Tis is gorgeous Lou. It looks totally yummy!
xx

pink lady said...

oooh I love this card Lou, I love all the details and that ruffled ribbon looks gorgeous. I've got this CD and I've never even used it (hangs head in shame)...you've inspired me to start using it! Hugs Shelly x

Sammie said...

Wow -this must have taken hours!!! It's fabulous! I love your handwritten "mixed and made with love" and the tag is yummy. What creative vision!
Thanks for visiting me. I had no idea you had a son called Luke -just like me.
I'd also just like permission from you from my next post. I had a card of yours from about 2 years ago. I gave it to my mum. I've been going through my sister's and mum's old cards to see what can be re-worked in the name of economy and recycling. I have made over this card of your -would it be ok to post it? I will credit you with the original work!
Lots of love,
Sammie xxx

lis-m said...

Hi Lou, yummy project this week...
pop over to my blog there is something there for you.
hugs x