Friday, 25 March 2011

I'm back . . .

 . . WOW, it's been a month since I last blogged and unfortunately in that time I was very ill. It started out with a Kidney infection but then went further . . . my body decided they didn't like the tablets I had been prescribed and had a large hissy fit! Ooohhh, I didn't know what to do first and saw far too much of my bathroom. Have to say at first I thought I had a tummy lurgie but it went on far too long, so went back to the Dr's and was then given a carrier bag of stuff to take away to solve my problems!!!Finally this week was the first time in an age that I have felt remotely "human" again.

I also have something to share with you all; my Polka Doodles Challenge card. The theme is "Spring has sprung" and it's also our Stashbox Stamps week too. That simply translates as use any other stamp company with your Polka Doodle products. Nix loves to see peeps use their PD stuff with other companies products which highlights how versatile all the products really are. Anyhow, enough of the waffle, here is my card:

Image: Tilda
Butterflies: Stamps Away
Sentiment: SU
Embellies: Card Candy, Prima flowers (coloured with chalks) and flourish diecut

I have used a Tilda image (coloured with Promarkers) and papers from the Back to Nature CD. I adore the bunting paper and use it whenever I can. The large scallops are made using my circle punch and mounted onto the reverse. I have also used loads of yummy card candy too.

I am also entering my card into the following challenges:

Colour Create: inspirational photo
Little Red Wagon: use butterflies
Simon Says: Mothers day or girlie
PFP: in the garden

Now, I have loads of blogging to catch up with and am looking forward to a quite night in, checking up on crafting land . . . I am soooooo drooling at the prospect . . is that a little sad?

Lou
x

17 comments:

heidy said...

Hi Lou,glad youre feeling a bit human again.
Your card is gorgeous ,love the pastels.
Hugs Heidy

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Cool flags! I'm loving that you accented them with butterflies! Also, nice coloring on Tilda!

Thanks so much for entering in the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Vintage Milly said...

oh wow this is so pretty, I am so sorry you have been feeling so poorly, glad you are getting better, take care of yourself,
Em.x

Miria said...

Hi, Lou. Welcome back to "humanity" with such a cutie! It's adorable, take care, Miria

Martha said...

Glad you are feeling better again! And your card is fabulous!!
Take care :-)
Hugs,
Martha

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Lou, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Great papers and layout. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week and good luck! Hugs, Denise x

Claire Phillips said...

Fabulous card Lou - well impressed with all the diff papers you have included. Great composition - just perfect! Cheers Claire x

Ruthie said...

Wow - you poor thing! Great to have you back again though!

Rx

pinky said...

Great to see you back again Lulu and glad you are on the mend;) Love your card, so bright and cheerful:) Have a good weekend.

Tracey said...

Glad you're feeling better Lou :)
Fantastic card, I love the bunting.
Hope you're having a lovely weekend.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

oheidia said...

Hi Lou! I really like your card and your colouring is fab!

Thanks for joining our challenge at PfP:=)
Hugs HEidi

Saskia said...

Lovely card!!

coops said...

gorgeous card lulu.i love your pretty image and stunning colours and details.
thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Carol D said...

sorry to hear you have been unwell, so glad your feeling near normal again.

Super card, love the bright spring colours and banners are so the thing at the mo.

Hugs Carol xx

Gro said...

Gorgeous card. Love the cute Tilda. Thanks for joining us at PfP :o)

Kathy said...

Wow this is so beautiful!!!! Welcome back :)
So happy you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge.

Julie said...

FAbulous card!! Beautiful papers and colours and I love the bunting!! Thanks for joining us at Colour Create, Juliex