Followers

Friday, 22 April 2011

2 cards today

only because I found it hard to take decent photos of the cards. Acete and white on white cards do not make for easy photographs . . . especially if you're naff with a camera like me!

I have made another A4 card using the "A Double Sprinkle of Kraft" CD for the Polka Doodles challenge this week and have had a play with the alphabets section. Now I'm not at all computer savvy but I managed to make this huge topper very easily using Publisher (which is a normal desktop operation on my PC). I have used the cute daisy paper, layered some spotty strips and then finally placed my words on top. I have decoupaged some of the letter to give a further 3D feel. Also in a moment of madness (!) I have covered the huge topper with an acetate dome . . . which has then made it very hard to photograph my card! Card finished with oodles of yummy card candy.



Papers & alphabet: A Double Sprinkle of Kraft
Card candy 
Acetate
Whie & Kraft card: Stampin Up

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

Fab'n'Funky - theme of "here comes the Bride"



My 2nd card is for Fab'n'Funky Challenges and I wanted to have a go (!) at making a simple, unfussy card . . . . which for me is nigh impossible normally but I perserved and desperately tried very hard not to keep adding to it or even ink/chalk around the edges.

White card: Stampin Up
Ring & dove embellishment: found in a drawer hiding
Ribbon: from stash
Roses: Wild Orchard Crafts


I am also entering my card into the following challenge:
Simon Says - theme "emboss it"

Well I'm off to enjoy the sunshine some more and the decoratingcan now wait . . . until the weather becomes naff again!

Lou
x

8 comments:

heidy said...

Wow Lou,they're both gorgeous!!
Happy Easter sweetie!
Hugs Heidy

kitty said...

Hiya, love your cards, I especially like what you have done with the alphabet from the sprinkles CD it's wonderful. x

Claire Phillips said...

Really lovely cards Lou - especially your Polkadoodles one - works so well with the acetate! Cheers Claire x

anne said...

Hi Lulu! Your cards are really great. Cardmaking is such an interesting thing to do. It can enhance your creativity. It's good that you enjoyed it.

Tip Top said...

Beautiful Wedding card and I also have inspiration to use acetate and then can't photograph it!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is amazing, thanks for sharing!

hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

Danica said...

They are both fantastic! Tfs!

I am wondering if a polarizing lens would work with the acetate shots? They are wonderful for shooting through glass and water (reflective surfaces in general) so I bet it would work with acetate as well! You can get one wicked cheap, so not a big investment.

Karen said...

Both lovely cards. Keep meaning to get one of the polka doodle cds. Karen xx