Followers

Friday, 15 April 2011

Oh no. it's Friday . . .

which means one week of the Easter Hols has flown by with a blink of an eye! Eeekkkk, still got loads to do and time is again against me! One thing we are doing here is decorating and I have 2 helpers (unwilling and unpaid ones) to work off their combined debts to me. You wouldn't believe the moaning that is going on . . . if only they put the same effort into the decorating, we'd be done really quickly. Luke is playing "my hand hurts" card but all he has to do is undercoat the paint work with his working (loose term) hand and Aaron is crying out "child slavery". I am determined to ignore them and have decided to crank up the volume on my IPod and drown out their noise!

Anyhow, Friday is Polka Doodles day and the theme chosen by Emma is "Weddings" . . . which if I have to be honest, I do struggle with . . . but then again, practice makes perfect I suppose.
Papers, image & rose embellies:  A Double Sprinkle of Kraft" CD
Sentiment: unknown
Ribbon: from my stash
Diecuts: Marianne Design
Kraft card: Stampin Up

I have used the NEW "A Double Sprinkle of Kraft" CD for the image, papers and the majority of embellies on my card. The image has been framed and then I have used the roses embellishment sheet as a backing paper (because I can!), cut into 4 and then layered onto Kraft card. An additional layer of backing paper underneath, scalloped using my SU punch and then layered onto more kraft card.


I then used a Marianne Design Creatables die to cut my swirls (vines) and then decorated them with rose buds (from embellishment sheet). The sentiment was stamped several times so that I could add the hearts to it (for added drama!) but unfortunately I can't remember who made it. I have added a ribbon veil and handcut top hat to the owls to make them look more "wedding - e"!

I am also entering my card into the following challenges:

Paper Crafting Journey - theme "use a freebie" - well the CD was my freebie . . . thanks Nix x
Papertake Weekly - add dimension to your card

Well better get back to "cracking the whip" or they will have downed their tools !!!

Lou
x

9 comments:

Vintage Milly said...

Oh my goodness Lou, this is just gorgeous, so much beautiful detail, I wouldn't have guessed you struggled as this is just perfect,
hugs,
Em.x

lis-m said...

Awesome card Lou...Love it !!!
hugs xxx

Stephanie-Emma said...

Omg this is beautiful! Love it! xx

kitty said...

Hiya, your card is stunning I love the way you have made the veil. Hope the decorating is going well xx

Claire Phillips said...

Wonderful card Lou - just fall of glorious details - gorgeous! We are back to school Monday - I can't belive we have been off two weeks! But I guess at least we have another long weekend to look forward to! Cheers Claire x

Martha said...

This card is fabulous Lulu!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- darling wedding card- lots and lots of fun details here! I hope you have a wonderful Easter!

kay said...

this is gorgeous,love how you have added the extra details,like hats etc,x

Maureen said...

What a cute and fun wedding card!
((()))reen