Wednesday, 13 April 2011

Whoops . . . been away longer than intended!

Well it's not quite a month since my last blog post . . . just 3 weeks this time! Unfortunately my eldest son broke his hand (badly) and it was not a simple "cast it" and then "walk away" break. When he phoned to tell me, I was obviously worried but with an added extra worry . . . he sits his A'Levels in 4 weeks time. Luckily it was his left hand and not his dominant right hand . . . phew.

Well I have finally finished my Fab'n'Funky DT card and what took me so long was I couldn't decide what sentiment to use, so after much faffing on behalf, I haven't added one and will do so later.


Papers: Pink Petticoat and Craftwork Cards
Flowers from Wild Orchard Crafts
Butterfly: Stamps Away
Sentiment: Stampin Up

The theme this week is "Spotty and Dotty" and I have had a great time using up spotty paper scraps to make my card. The image is from Robyn's Digital Fetish which has been coloured with Promarkers and then layered with oodles and oodles of 3D foam pads. All the flowers are from Wild Orchard Crafts and if you haven't shopped there before, I highly recommend the "shopping experience" as the flowers are "divine" and the difficulty is knowing when to stop adding bits into your basket!


The card is for a friend of my Mum's and I wanted to add a witty "tea or brew" related sentiment but didn't find any I liked or more importantly, would fit in the space I had left in the top right hand corner! Any suggestions . . . or at this stage I think it would be easier to add the sentiment/quote to the card insert.

I am also entering my card to the following challenges:

Papertake Weekly - to add dimension to your card
Wild orchard Challenge - theme is "wings"

Right off to the hospital this morning with"himself" for another check up, but hope to be able to catch up with you all later today.

Take care,

Lou
x

15 comments:

heidy said...

Hi Lou,I love your card ,it's gorgeous!!!
Hugs Heidy

Jennifer said...

This is gorgeous Lou. All the details and dimension are fab! xx Jenny xx

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous! Love the teacups and flowers!
Linds x

Martha said...

This card is fabulous! Your mum's friend has to love this!!

Gemma said...

Wow this is absolutely stunning! Hugs Gemma

GoonerGirl said...

Gorgeous card love everything about it... Chrissieann xx

Maureen said...

love the card! Glad you sound like you feel better! However sorry about your son! Life and its many complications....happy thoughts your way!
((()))reen

lyzzydee said...

Loving your blog, nice card!!!

Joanne Gilch said...

Gorgeous card and your Mum's friend will love it. I like the teapot and teacup positions and the purple.

Jocelyn @ eyeARTyou said...

Nice one. I can imagine tea out in a lovely spring garden ;)

E.T said...

Oh wow wow wow! this is truly beautiful! LOVE everything about it!

Debs said...

WOW this is stunning!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Papertake Weekly.
Good luck
Debs xx

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card and I love the teapot and cup. Thank you for joining in the Papertake Weekly Challenge this time.
Cathy (GDT)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh this is awesome! I am a tea drinker- such a great image and card- your Mom's friend will love this- lots of fun details!

Lena Katrine said...

Great creation in beautiful colours! Thanks for joining us at WOC this time, hope to see you back on the next challenge :)
Hugs, Lena K