Friday, 27 May 2011

Polka Doodles Challenge and Blog Hop

WOW it's Friday already and I am shattered. We have had a great time at school this week doing lots of science activities and of course Art & DT ones too on our chosen theme "Water". I aM so glad it's half term next week as it will take me all that time to recover . . . and tidy up!

Well the theme this week over at Polka Doodles is . . . make a MALE themed project". Why do crafters squirm when we have to do the dreaded MALE/BOY cards? The one's that completely throw me are the awful MALE TEEN cards . . . other than the recipients are a whole new evolutionary species . . . they also have so many things that they are into these days, it's hard to know where to start! Well I cheated . . . but only a little . . . and made a card for my adorable nephew who turned 4 on Monday . . .

I have used the "Fathers Day / Family" downloadable kit from Polka Doodles for all the papers on my card, plus on all the stars. However the robot toppers/ elements are from the "NOT for girls" CD. Teague's name has been made using left over rub-on letters from various alphabet sheets and they have been mounted onto "Fathers Day / Family" papers. A little manly twine for an added embellishment . . . only because ribbon wouldn't do and my card is finished.

Now I know by now you are shouting at your PC for me to stop waffling and explain about the Polka Doodles Blog Hop and here goes . . . .

  • collect a WORD from each of the DT blogs . . . keep these in a SAFE PLACE  as you will need these words at the end of the blog hop as they give you a special message !!!! Can't say any more !!!
  • Each DT member is offering candy along the hop, so make sure you comment on each of their blogs to be in with a chance of winning some yummy candy.
  • The blog hop will end on Sunday 5th June (noon GMT), so you have a while to enter and also hop along with us!
  • There will also be a prize offered on the main Polka Doodles Challenge blog too, so you have oodles and oodles of chances of winning.

OK . . . you should of hopped over here from En's (Envys) Blog, collected her word and of course entered her candy draw . . . you now need to collect my word, which is . . .  remember . . . and now don't forget to enter my candy draw before hopping over to Em's Blog.

Here's a photo of the goodies I am offering one lucky winner . . .


. . . the new Sprinkles of Kraft CD and a selection of stamped images from the NEW Wonderland stamp set. I will also be sending 5 other runner's up a selection of the same stamped images too (with a few extras thrown in!). Please note that Nikky has given ME permission to stamp a selection of images and share them as prizes for the Blog Hop only.

Have fun hoping and thanks for popping over to see my card and join in with all the fun!

Lou
x

44 comments:

Peppery Apple said...

Wow!! This card is amazing Lulu. The Dp's are fab, the LO is awesome and the little Robot is adoreable. I'm sure your little nephew will love it.

steph xx

sari said...

Awwww...that is truly such a sweet & adorable card!! I don't think you cheated.. Boys are boys..no matter age!!!*lol* Teenage boys...thats a challenge....*lol*
Some great candy you have for offer!! Happy B-Day to Polks Doodles! Hugs & Sunshine/ Sari

happyglitzygirl said...

Wow, a great prize, wonderful bloghop, and a great blog. I will come back again. blessings Hilde

Glennis said...

First on here too!!! lovely prize on offer - thanks for the chance to win

Claudia said...

Oh, isn't this fun!
claudiamatzke at hotmail dot com

jules said...

just fabulous!!! it's perfect for a little boy, papers are lovely!

loftylass said...

Hi Lulu - Lovely card and great use of the download. I love the different levels on the card. tfs
Hugs
Heather
x

Stephanie said...

I think your card is adorable! I appreciate the prize as I have never used images from a CD. Maybe I will be lucky.
stuff@gt.rr.com

Donna K U said...

I agree, teen & pre-teen boys are the hardest to make cards for!

Cheryl Winget said...

Terrific, fun card. He'll love it. This hop is great!

furrypig said...

fantastic boy card your nephew will love it!! I must come back and have a proper look at your lovely blog, thanks for the chance of winning the fab candy too xxx

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying this blog hop and all the interesting projects !
Thanks !
Anna
newann01@juno.com

craftingsue said...

thanks for the great bloghop and chance to win some blog candy. Hope I win.

Melissa said...

Love the card the mixture of letters works great for the card.Thanks for the chance to win candy.

claire7q said...

Such a great card for a 4 year old! Thanks for the chance to win some hop prizes xxx

Sandy Bayles said...

LuLu,
Thanks for the blog hope. I would love to win the cds and stamps. Thanks for a great giveaway.
Blog: http://lovethatexpressions.blogspot.com/
E-Mail: davidbayles@sprintmail.com

Anonymous said...

love to win your great prize, great card too

Jenn Borjeson said...

Your card is absolutely adorable, I'm sure your nephew is going to LOVE it! I am a huge sucker for Alice in Wonderland stuff, so I love your little prize! :)

Maureen R said...

Lovely card and thanks for the chance to win.

Maureen

Anne said...

Brilliant card

xGemmax said...

What brilliant & fun card..just love everything about it!!

mmmm..gorgeous candy too :D

Hugs and xxx

Diane J said...

Your robot card is fab. Thanks for the chance to win your candy...enjoyig the blog hop xxx

Mandy said...

Oh wow fab card Lulu, I never know what embellies to put on a male card and think mine look bare without flowers, thanks for the inspiration & a great hop
hugs Mandy xx

Helene said...

A great card. Loving the blog hop.

Debbie said...

Hi Lou, Your nephew will love the card you've made, it's so fun.Great prizes and thank you for the chance to win.Happy 3rd birthday Polkadoodles.Love Debbie Johns x

sallysbitz said...

Your card is brilliant Lou.

I agree with you, it is harder to make a card for the male teenager!!!

Gotta keep hopping Lol

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

PS ... I have candy up for grabs too.

mom2fivekiddos said...

Love the card! And the candy!!! thanks for sharing!

bunny said...

Love the cards ..On my 1st ever blog hop..xx

gill said...

Cute card, I love robots for little boys
Gill

Stephanie-Emma said...

Great card love the layout, images, papers everything!!! xxx

DebbieK(N.B.Canada) said...

hi,this would be my 1st blog hop and it was nice to find your blog.Love your work.Thanks for the chance to win.

Tabby800 said...

My very first blog hop. Great designs and inspiration - thank you so much

Elaine x

Colette said...

Great card and prize, must hop on!

Colette x.

cotnob said...

Well I've made it to the second stage of my first hop. Love your blog and cards.
Pauline
x

trisha too said...

VERY cute card, Lou! What little boy wouldn't love that???

:)
trishatoo at hotmail dot com

littlebee said...

Lovely card and fantastic blog candy. x

Rose said...

Hi Lou, lovely card, and thanks for the blog hop and the chance of winning some great prizes!

Rose x

Hayley said...

Love the robot images! :)

Helen said...

Lovely card and loving the blog hop!

ribenaruby said...

Oh wow, robots...this I'm sure was greatly received and yes ribbon wouldn't do for a male and the twine works so well. Happy 3rd birthday to the team. Ruby x

Craftyrose said...

Your robot card is amazing! xx

kurlygirl said...

Gorgeous card! I love the way you've done his name.

Katalytic said...

This is a great card for a young boy, the robot is super

Sue said...

Wow! gorgeous card! Love all the detail - it's perfect for boy! Thanks for chance of winning yummy candy!
Hugs Sue xx