Sunday, 29 May 2011

Stamptacular DT and challenge

Well I am a very proud bunny today as Priscilla from Stamptacular contacted me to ask if I would like to be part of the DT. Well . . . uuummmmm . . . let me think . . . OF COURSE  and this is my first official week . . . so please be gentle with me!!!

This week's challenge is a…
“BUGS or BOYS!”
 
For this weeks challenge you will create a card or project with either BUGS or BOYS on it. Create a card with both and you’ll have your name entered TWICE into this week’s drawing for our fabulous prizes and the sponsors for this weeks challenge theme are THE PAPER SHELTER  (PRIZE: $10 Gift Certificate) and SPESCH STAMPS (PRIZE: Winner’s Choice of 3 Digi Images). Oh…and don’t forget to stamp! After all, we don’t call this STAMPtacular for nothing!
 
So I have dusted off a very unused stamp for this weeks challenge . . . in fact this is the first time it's been inked . . . ! Also being a good girl, as it's my first week, I have included both a boy and a bug.

Stamps: Edwin from Magnolia
Papers: MME
Rub-ons: Imaginese
String, gems & button from stash
Frog cut from a sizzlet die
Dragonfly stamp: Stamps Away
Grass bits have been hand cut!

Edwin has been coloured with Promarkers and subtle white gel pen highlights (!). I wanted to add some string to my card, so did some cross stitch with it  to add texture. Edwin originally was running in mid air, which annoyed me a tad, so quickly cut out some grass and added it along the bottom. I think he now looks like he is running in a field.


I am also entering my card into the following challenges:


7 comments:

Lia said...

Congrats on your DT!

What a lovely card! Love your coloring and your sentiment :) And the frog :)



Hugs,
Lia

Danica said...

This just SCREAMS boy! I love it!

What paper do you use when you color? What is the paper you have stamped and colored little Edwin on?

Thanks so much!

Bron said...

Welcome to the team! Your card is soooo cute. I the stitching and the grass embellies. Hugs from Bron :D

mrsC.x said...

Lovely boys card lulu i have real trouble with boys cards having all girls in my family.
charlie.xx

Valérie said...

Beautiful !!!!

How are you ??

Basslady said...

a fantastic boy card!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Enfys said...

Amazing little boy card Lou, love it
hugs
En xx