Sunday, 12 June 2011

For the men!

I have struggled this week with Blogger and just can't seem to get it to upload my photo's. It kept saying "timed out" all the time. I know it's Mr Blogger because I checked my Internet connection and computer . . . they are working "a ok". Anyhow after much dithering, swearing and frustration from me, I remembered that I had a photobucket account !!! Why oh why didn't I remember this a week ago !?! So after a little renewing, I have uploaded my photos there and can now get on with my DT duties. 

So without further ado . . . . this week’s challenge at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge is going to be so much fun! We can’t wait to see what you create! This week's challenge is a… “DADS or GRADS!”

For this weeks challenge you will create a card or project for either a special DAD or a special GRAD! The possibilities are ENDLESS! Oh…and don’t forget to stamp! After all, we don’t call this STAMPtacular for nothing! This week's fabulous prizes donated by: MY FAVORITE THINGS

Well here is my card. I have used a lot of HOTP car elements on my card (acetate overlay, sentiments and map) but the fab checkered flags and background have been stamped, inked and chalked. The stamp is part of the Wonderland Set from Polka Doodles. I have deliberately left the red panel blank, as I'm not sure if I will put "Dad" or "Grandad" in here yet. Being me, had to add embellishments so have used some brads and grommets. I also got out my glossy accents and used it on the acetate to add a further dimension and also on the arrows.

With the left over bits  . . . HOTP stuff and my checkered stamping, I made another card but this time it is for a birthday rather than a Father's Day. I used similar techniques to the above card but for a change stamped the checkered design onto blinds! We recently had vertical blinds fitted and I kept the bits that were trimmed off as I thought I might have a use for them one day! Love how the checkered design is more subtle in the card below.


I've just decided that I have a real thing for bunting at the moment . . .!

I am also entering the following challenges:
Crazy for Challenges - masculine card(s)
One Stop Craft - Father's Day
Word Play Weekend - birthday (my 2nd card is a birthday card)
Delicious Doodles - Father's Day

Well gotta dash as I can no longer put off the house work or either the ironing. However I have a penniless student at home at the moment who is willing to do chores (obviously for money) who I might convince to do the ironing !!! He cleaned my oven and hob for me yesterday so might just take up my offer!

Lou
x

11 comments:

heidy said...

Wow Lou,what a stunning card!
Mister Blogger is a pain
Hugs Heidy

Jennifer said...

Just stunning Lou! xx Jenny xx

Ellie said...

This is fabulous! Perfect masculine card!
Thanks so much for sharing!!

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Gorgeous card, adore the colours you have used!
Thank you for joining us at Alphabet
Hugs
Tamara

* Shaz * said...

Fabulous card thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge this week xx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So fun, thanks for sharing!
hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

Teri said...

Perfect Fathers Day card hun! Love the birthday one too!
Thanks for playing in the Delicious Doodles challenge this week, and good luck with the draw!
Hugs,
Teri x

Ildiko said...

Super Father's Day card just LOVE it, thanks playing with Delicious Doodles this week
hugs
Ildiko

The Mama Monkey said...

Blogger issues are annoying!! So glad you got it figured out because this is a gorgeous creation!

Thanks so much for playing with us at SSDS!

tt.scraps said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us on SSDS!!!
Hope you join again!
Tammy, SSDS DT

Céline said...

so beautiful card!!!
perfect for our challenge this week
thanks for sharing with us at stamptacular sunday
hugs
céline SSC DT