Followers

Sunday, 5 June 2011

It's all about the colour . . .

Phew what a week and so glad another one starts tomorrow! I definitely needed a wee little crafting session and was so pleased to realise that this week at Stamptacular Challenges we were being allowed to play with an Elizabeth Bell image . . . so set about making my DT card.


This week's challenge is a…
                “COLOUR CHALLENGE!”

For this weeks challenge you will create a card or project using ONLY the colours shown in the photo above (BLACK, HOT PINK, TAN, and WHITE)! NO OTHER COLOURS ALLOWED! Oh…and don’t forget to stamp! After all, we don’t call this STAMPtacular for nothing! We have 2 prizes this week and you are going to definitely be spoilt for choice:

AND

Here is my photo and I struggled a little using just only the colours prescribed and so desperately wanted to add a little green but I think I have managed it . . .


I have coloured this georgous image just using only the following promarker colours: tan, ivory, rose pink and dusky pink. I wanted her to appear like she had been plucked from a sepia photograph . . . I hope she does now and not just weirdly coloured !!! Image is "Patti's Kisses" from Elizabeth Bell.


I made my backing papers (which I have subsequently covered) by stamping a butterfly image (Stamps Away) randomly and then chalking/inking my card. You can just catch a glimpse on the side of this photo. The floral frame you can see is courtesy of Little Musings and they are devine to work with and must get me some more designs!

I am also going to enter my card into the following challenges:
One Stop Craft Challenge: to add loads of texture
Delicious Doodles: Texture
Stamp Something: use a digi image
Cute Card Thursday: Embellish it!

Have a great Sunday everyone and I'm off to do a spot of gardening whilst it looks cool out there and then the dreaded trip to the dump!

Lou
x

12 comments:

Marianne said...

Such an adorable card you made. I totaly understand you struggled with a forbidden color on your card(green) So was I. I love how you did stamp your background with the butterflies. But the butterflies on the front are just gorgeous.
Hugs Marianne

heidy said...

Gorgeous card Lou!
XXX Heidy

Vintage Milly said...

Hi Lou, your card is gorgeous hun, I love the colouring you did on the girl and ted, really lovely,
take care,
Em.x

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Lou! I love all the details :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Nina said...

Ohlala, this is wonderful ♥ I`m in love with the butterflies, they are beautiful, and the sweet motiv is fantastic coloured.

Have a nice day :)
Hugs, Nina.

Cheryl said...

Your card is so pretty! I love all the flourishes, flowers, butterflies and the like. Your attention to detail is amazing.

Joanne Gilch said...

Gorgeous card....the butterflies and flourishes caught my eye.

Flowergirl said...

Beautiful card, the colouring works really well. x

LaJanette said...

Oh such a cute card! I would def say sepia...and not bad coloring:)

Thanks for visiting my blog and joining on the candy fun:)

Janette

Minna said...

Really beautiful card:) And I love your colouring! Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday Challenge.
Hugs,Minna

Enfys said...

Wow, this is gorgeous and she does look vintage....
big hugs
En xx

sparklingblackrose said...

Stunning! Thank you so much for joining us at OSCC this week, hope to see you again soon! Elaine DT xxx p.s I have candy!