Sunday, 19 June 2011

It's Sunday and I have tomorrow off work!

Oh well that didn't work well . . . I had schedule this post only to find that I hadn't put in the correct time . . whoopsie!

Well it's Sunday and that can only mean one thing - Stamptacular Challenge Day! This week’s challenge is going to be so much fun and we can’t wait to see what you create! This week's challenge is called…

“Fun In The Sun!”
For this weeks challenge you will create a card or project that has something to do with having fun in the sun! What do you associate with summer, sun and fun? Let your creative skills roam! Oh…and don’t forget to stamp! After all, we don’t call this STAMPtacular for nothing!There are 2 great prizes to be won this week as well and our sponsors are The Stamping Boutique and Teddy Bo.
I have tried to create a "sea theme" for my card using my much neglected Stampin Up fishes wheel and also a fab sketch from Inspirational Card Sketches (ICS). It's been an age since I played along with ICS and I shall have to change this as I adore Dawn's sketches.

Stampin Up: fishes wheel (large)
Vellum, card & papers from stash
Dew Drops: Polka Doodles
Sentiment: ?
Stones from my garden
Twine from stash
Card Blank: 6" x 6"

I have stamped (using the wheel) on various papers ; vellum (2 different colours), linen paper and  plain, cheap copier paper. I then embossed the fishes with clear enbossing powder. Each layer has been torn and then layered to give a waves effect. I created a back panel to mount my waves onto and made a lickle boat using up paper scraps. The greeting was found whilst blogging but where I have played around with it in paint, I have lost the name of the kind person who created it . . . if anyone can help with the name, I would be grateful so that I can give them proper credit. Most edges have been either inked or chalked.


As a finishing touch, I stamped onto green paper with white and then cut out some swirls to look like seaweed. A bit of twine along the bottom to hide my gluing and then I went into the garden to find some lickle stones to add to the bottom of my seaweed. The seaweed was finished with some Dew Drops.

I am also entering my card into the following challenges:

Rainbow Lady - theme is "I am sailing"
Crafting for all seasons - theme is "summer"
A Spoon Full of Sugar - splish splash
Shopping our Stash - SOS challenge - I have used Stampin Up fishy wheel, Ocean themed card and finally Seaweed . . . although there are some lickle seagulls as well!
Sweet Stamps - embossing
Inspirational Card Sketches (ICS) - sketch
Crazy for Challenges - add twine, string etc
Paper Play - at the beach

Well off to celebrate Father's Day with hubby and the lads . . . all you can eat Chinese on the cards which should make them very happy!

Lou
x

14 comments:

sue said...

stunning work,gorgous card.sue xx

AN said...

IHANA ja niin kesäisen tunnellmallinen kortti-Tukkään kovasti
Kiitos kun osallistuit ICS.haasteeseen tällä viikolla ja onnea arvontaan
Kaikkea hyvää elämääsi<3

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous Lou, such a pretty scene, love it!
Clairexx

Jani said...

Wow, gorgeous card!
Look at all these lovely details you put onto it! I love it!
Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
Jani x

Carla aka scrappypug said...

Such a lovely card...love the different elements you combined to create such a gorgeous scene! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Bron said...

WOWZERS this is stunning. Love the pebbles..hugs from bron :-)

jonim52 said...

Cute card. Love the scene you created. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps.

Lisa - papergrace said...

This is absolutely stunning!!!!!!! WOW!! I adore all the different papers & layers. Love the small details, too - like the pebbles. Just FABULOUS! :)

Thanks so much for joining us at Shopping Our Stash this week.

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

Wow. Just wow. So much detail! I love this!

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash this week!

Susie Little said...

Now this is simply wonderful, I love it! I love all the textured layering and the fishy too! Thanks for playing along at ICS xx

Especially_For_You said...

This card is stunning, great job! :)

Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

uksharon said...

This is gorgeous, fabulous detail and I love how you've used the flourishes.
Thanks for joining us at PP this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Dawn said...

Congratulations for being picked for the top 3 at CFAS!

Cheryl said...

Wonderful card! I love the design.


~Cheryl~
Stop by my blog to check out my blog candy!