Sunday, 31 July 2011

Stamptacular Challenge

This week’s challenge is going to be so much fun! We can’t wait to see what you create! This week's challenge is a…
“FRIENDS are Heaven Sent!”
For this weeks challenge you will create a card or project with a friendship theme for your special friend. Tell us who you’ll be sending it to and why he/she is so special to you and be entered TWO TIMES into this week’s drawing for our fabulous prizes! Oh…and don’t forget to stamp! After all, we don’t call this STAMPtacular for nothing!
I have made a card for my Mum whom I consider to be one of my best friends. She is bravely nursing her younger brother who has terminal cancer and is not long for this world. I just wanted to let her know that I am thinking about her and admire her immensely for what she is doing.


Paper: Prima
Stamps: Serendipity wild flowers
Flowers: Wild Orchad Crafts
Butterfly stamp: Stamps Away
Lettering: Doodlebug
Sentiment: Polka Doodles
Ribbon, gems & lace: Crafts 4 U

This was a quick card to make with simple matting and layering. It has been embellished with loads of flowers, ribbon and butterfly, whom have gem trails! The stamped image in the centre is from a set I have had for eons and only recently reiscovered because I had no internet for ages and ages. I have now completed oodles and oodles of projects with this set. The images was stamped in brown and colored softly with Mica powder made into paint!

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

Crafty Cardmakers - butterflies
Karens Doodles - "bingo" - I chose to use "gems, diecuts & flowers"

Will start to add all the items I have made over the last 4 weeks but couldn't share with you, in the next couple of days.

Lou
x

10 comments:

Debbie said...

Beautiful card Lulu.Love the stamp and the lovely colours you've used.I'm sure your Mum will love it and appreciate the thought.Sorry to hear about your Mum's brother.She sounds a very caring Mum.Life can be so cruel at times.Love Debbie x

Karen said...

Such a beautiful beautiful card. I love the layout and flowers. Lovely colours. xx

Daniele said...

HI just popping by to say a big hello, I'm looking forward to working with you all on the team at Polka Doodles
hugs and best wishes
Daniele

mrsC.x said...

gorgeous card lou, sorry to hear about your uncle, thoughts are with your family. best wishes
Love Charlie.xx

Elaine said...

Gorgeous card just perfect for our challenge :)

Thanks for joining us at Karens Doodles this week :)

Elaine ♥

Craftyanny said...

Stunning card Lulu, very pretty
Thanks for playing along with Karen's Doodles and good luck
Anne x

Nancy said...

This is so beautiful, Lou:O) Love the pretty colours and lovely design!
Thank you for joining Karen's Doodles, good luck!
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Grenouille Greetings said...

How lovely to make a card for your Mum for a Best Friend challenge! And what a beautiful card it is. Lovely papers and perfect embellishment. I wish your uncle well soon! Hugs, Lesley

Vintage Milly said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous, your so talented, love this card.
Thinking of you,
take care
xxx

Céline said...

amazing card lou!
love all the embelies
hugs
céline stamptacular sunday DT