Followers

Sunday, 14 August 2011

Stamptacular Sunday!

 Edited to add: our new router has blown up and we were without internet again! After visiting the shop and explaining as politely as possible the problem, we no have a new singing and dancing router at their expense!

Phew, what a few hectic weeks I've had and way too much time spent in my car !!! Unfortunately my uncle died after a vey short illness (4 weeks) but thankfully he didn't suffer and the funeral was a fit sending off for him.

Because of the latter and the speed I had to travel to Ireland . . . funerals normally occur within 2 days of passing . . . I didn't post last weeks DT card for Stamptacular Sunday Challenge (which I had made). So before I get onto this weeks challenge, here is last weeks card which was based around a photo for our inspiration:

Stamps: Elzybells
Bias ribon & gems from stash



Now this weeks challenge over at Stampatacular is called "Fancy Folds"


Papers: Prima
Rub-on stickers: Bearly Mine
Stamps: Serendipity, dandelion clock
Ribbon and lace from stash

I covered my stepper card base with a softer paper from the same Prima pad. I then stamped the dandelion clock image onto a second paper from the same pad and inked the edges. Using a sheet of Bearly Mine rub-on stickers, (which I found in a plastic wallet in a cupboard . . .  not sure why I put them there!), I decorted different panels to fit on my stepper card. Finished with some lace and ribbon and a quick, easy card to make. I must now raid my sticker collections to see what I have as I thoroughly enjoyed making this card as it was out of the norm for me as not normally a sticker person!

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge: Fancy Folds
Glitter Geeks - photo inspiration
Use It Tuesday - Indian summer

Lou
x

9 comments:

mrsC.x said...

sorry to hear your sad news lou best wishes to you and your family.

> on lighter note beautiful card.x

Charlie.xx

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Amazing card, very striking indeed. I hope things selttle down for you now a bit.
Dee x

Shelby said...

Oh that is soooo pretty! I love the color scheme and how you tied in the hearts throughout the card. Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week, good luck and hope to see you again soon.

Shelby

Céline said...

Hi Lou!
sorry, i'm late,
your step card is beautiful love the colors
hugs
céline (stamptacular dt)

Helen Anderson said...

Hi Lou, love your card, it's really pretty!

Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks and good luck :).

Helen xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Two lovely cards! Hugs, Lesley

Heather B said...

Beautiful card! I love those stepper cards. Thanks so much for playing with us at Use it Tuesday!!

papillon said...

two sweet little cards and a perfect entry for our Use It Tuesday challenge! thanks for playing along :)))

Haven_mom4 said...

Thanks for joinging us at Use it Tuesday- UIT DT Haven