Followers

Friday, 2 September 2011

Something different from me today . .

I was a very lucky bunny and sent some great products to play with from Letraset - Safmat (have always been a fan of this GREAT under-rated product), adhesive papers, flexmarkers, aquamarkers to name but a few items and wanted to do something different with them.

Firstly I am going to share a project I recently completed using one of these products. I have chosen to show a different way of using Safmat. We all know about using it to create great rub-on sentiments for a projects but you can use it with photos too! I have patiently cut around different photos of my family, printed them onto the Safmat and then used them on top of different backgrounds to make it look the people were always part of that background! Example below . .



I took a photo of Mum, cut it out in a photo editing package, printed it onto Safmat an then placed it on top of this photo of loads of Guinness barrels. If you look closely, you can see it doesn't belong to the back ground as I haven't quite managed to line up her elbow onto the shelf !!! Oh well !


 Using Aaron's cut out photo I have placed him on top of the barrels and this time, I've made a better job of it as it look like he was meant to be there all along!

Here's the finished canvas which is 50cm x 50cm in size and I am really pleased how it turned out! The sentiments are obviously printed out on Safmat and then layered onto different papers etc.

 

I then decided to make a 2nd canvas with the left over bits I had from the 1st one and came up with this . . .


Again I have used different elements and printed them onto Safmat and then layered them onto the paper/back ground of my choice eg: the "Guinness Storehouse" logo was taken from their website.


Oh before I forget another thing I can't rave enough about is Letrasets repositional LetraTac adhesive. It was great to use to help me position my collage pieces before committing them to that location forever! I could "mock up" my canvas, hang it up and then after a while decide whether I liked the position of the elements or if not, start the positioning process all again!


I have used a fab selection of papers from the Polka Doodles "Not for Girls" CD as they have a great selection of bazzill inspired plain papers in one section and all yummy, earthy tones. I have printed the colours onto different effect papers - linen, canvas, water colour to create lots of texture to my back ground papers. I am entering my project as my DT entry for this weeks Polka Doodles challenge which is to use autumn colours and I think I have managed that!!

I am also entering my wall art into the following challenges:

Desert Island Crafts - I have used Kraft paper/thin card, sentiment and text print!
Tando Creative Challenge - theme is "rustic charm" . . I defo think my canvases have that!
Just for fun - theme is "words"
Totally Papercrafts - theme "not a card"

Well gotta dash as getting all my bits ready for the start of school next week. My "to do" list is so long it's getting ridiculous to say the least.

Take are and I am going for a good nose around all your blogs this weekend as I have neglected you all for too long.

Lou
x

15 comments:

Von said...

Not our usual style at Just for fun but I do think it's cleverly done and certianly fits the theme of words, so thank you for sharing it with us :)
Von x

Jaqi said...

Very clever, bet you had fun making these they look fab

Miria said...

Such a great job on theme, Lou! Very creative! Miria x

Zoechaos said...

As Von says different indeed but fantastic must look fantastic on a wall. Thank you for sharing with us at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

Zoechaos said...

I'm sorry have only just spotted that you entered your canvasses into Tando Creative September Rustic Charm as well. Works well for the challenge, thank you for sharing with us. XOXO Zoe

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! Awesome project!

Angelnorth said...

Great canvasses, the layering looks fab!

*psychangel* said...

Fantastic Pages Lou! They are truly amazing :o)
Thank you for sharing them at Desert Island Crafters. Hugs, Ang x

Neet said...

Love how you have printed on different papers - a great collage! Thanks for joining us at Just for Fun - Hugs, Neet x

Vicky said...

Simply fabulous hun....!

thanks for joining us at tpc...and good luck..

hugs Vicky xx

Debbie said...

Fabulous collages! Love all your details! So much to see!

Karen said...

Oh my....that all takes me back to a splendid few hours spent in the Guiness factory a couple of years ago!!!! You have used the memorabilia wonderfully Lulu!!! Thank you for taking part in the Tando challenge & good luck xxx

Claire Phillips said...

These are fab Lou - takes me back to a wonderful holiday with one of my girlfriends 20 odd years ago....Superb! Cheers Claire x

Kaz said...

Great canvasses thanks for taking part in the Tando challenge.

Joanna King (aka Asia K) said...

Just popping in to say "hello"! Wooo hooo!!! ;))
Big hugs
Joanna x