Followers

Friday, 28 October 2011

Loving my new Tuff CD!

Well Nikky at Polka Dodles has done it again and produced another great CD but his time it's with boys/teenagers in mind - PRETTY TUFF ! There are fab selection of images and papers to die for . . . the thing I found hardest is when to stop myself printing.

Here is the first card I have made and its using one of the new images found on the CD. He looks so . . . teenager . . .

Card: Coordinations
Swiss Dots embossing folder
That Special Touch mask
Distress inks

I have cut out the "dude" from several different papers, inked the edges, embossed with my Swiss Dots folder and then matted onto black card. Lots of layering using other papers and co-ordinations card (again embossed and distressed) and finally added embellishments printed onto Letraset Safmat for the finishing touch!



Doesn't this lad have the true "stare into space / I don't care / whateva" expression or as my 13 year old son would say "I'm only letting you take this photo to get you off my back!"

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

Moving along with the times: No Girls Allowed!
Southern Girls Challenge: Stripes and Polka dots
Charisma Cardz - Anything goes
Inspirational Card Sketches: there great sketch
Art Impressions Stamps: card for a boy


I've had a great Friday night . . fab meal with the family, eldest popped back from Uni, several pints of Guinness (to keep up my iron intake!) and then a good mooch around blog land . . heaven.

Have a great weekend everyone,

Lou
x

11 comments:

Amber said...

Wowzers, such a fabulous "boy" card...something I struggle with. If it doesn't involve pink I can't make it, hehe! Love how you colored the image! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls!
Hugs
Amber

Daniele said...

what a great card
hugs

Clare *Littlebear* said...

This is awesome Lou! So very creative!
Hugs, Clare x

Deloris said...

Very cool boy's card! Thanks for joining the challenge at Art Impressions.

Craftyanny said...

Absolutely brilliant Lou, fab stuff
Anne x

shell said...

Fab card Lou, I'm lovin the pretty tuff cd too...thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.
Shell xx

Kazza said...

Awesome card Lou. That image is really cool for those teenage boys and loved your whole treatment of the card. Thanks for joining
Southern Girls. xx

Vicky said...

Fabulous card Lou - so well put together, love the inking and distressing :)x

Lisa Jane said...

what a wonderful male card
thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa x

Enfys said...

Wowzers! This is fantastic Lou. I always love your samples!
big hugs
En xx

Rach83 said...

Hi Lou,

Did you see your card on Create and Craft this morning? It was on the 8am show. Brill card. Definitely a must have CD-ROM too.

Rachel x