Thursday, 22 December 2011

How many days until Christmas ?

I can finally admit that I am getting excited now that Christmas is only 3 days away. Have been a good girl and everything is wrapped and hidden and I am starting to tidy up the house ready for the weekend. I even managed to persuade eldest son to do a spot of ironing for me . . . being a penniless Uni student definitely helped!

Fab'n'Funky Challenges are having another Candy Giveaway this week in lieu of there being no challenge, so why don't you pop over and add your name to Mr Linky because you never know, you might just win it!!!

I have had several minutes between chores and to stop myself going into a "nag fest" with the family about their inactivity, I decide to make a few cards using a fab selection of postcards I obtained from Crafts U Print (link HERE) and this is what I came up with:

Papers: Prima
Postcard: Jason Jones (via Crafts U Print)
Butterfly stamp: 
Sentiment stamp:
Ribbon, pins, button, gem & metal charm from my stash
Papers: Prima
Postcard: Jason Jones (via Crafts U Print)
Border: Scalloped edgabilities
Ribbon & fibres from various packaging!
Butterfly: Marianne Creatable die
Stamps: free with a magazine
Button & gems from my stash

I made them both using the fab sketch from ICS (Inspirational Card Sketches) and have also been a fan of Dawn's sketch and projects but unfortunately haven't played along much this year . . . but this will change in 2012 as I AM making more time for me and things that I want to do as 2011 was taken up heavily by my family for different reasons. I uset to be on the ICS DT a year or so ago but my stint ended . . as is the way . . but would love to have another "crack at the whip" as it were!

In the 1st card, I have flipped the sketch but followed it (ish) in the 2nd card and both cards have been further distressed with inks. They were quick and simple cards to make . . . something I should do more often!

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

Inspirational Card Sketches (ICS) - sketch plus a DT call
Flutterby Wednesdays - butterflies on both cards!
Carisma Cards - anything goes
Ladybug Crafts Ink - BINGO - I have used the bottom line on both cards

Well now I really have to tidy away my crafting stash as I will need the table for Christmas . . . or I suppose we could eat on our laps . . . ! Will be back tomorrow to share some of my Christmas cards with you,

Lou
x

8 comments:

Cat's sCrap said...

Hi Lou,

Beautiful card. Interesting and original style. But it's "la tour Eiffel" in background !I am French thus sensitive to this kind of detail. Good work ! Bravo !

Merry Chrismas ! Joyeux Noël !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Wendy said...

Such gorgeous cards Lou...Wishing you a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2012...have fun.
Wendy xx

Pami said...

Hi Lou, I hope all is well with you. Your cards are beautiful, I really love the colours and the shabby chic feel, beautiful. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family.

Thanks for joining us at LCI this week, good luck!

Pami x

Susie Little said...

Beautiful card, Thank you for playing at ICS xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a gorgeous set of cards! Too bad you cannot eat on your lap...LOL I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Mari said...

Love both of your creations. They are very sweet :) Thanks for playing at ICS.

Debs said...

Beautiful work.
So many gorgeous details.
Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma this time.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Lisa Jane said...

ooh these are so nostalgic and pretty .. i love the postard
Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
Lisa x