Followers

Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Been wombling . .

 . . . but am not quite as hairy as those wombles . . . I hope!

The theme this week at Fab'n'Funky Challenges is to use recycled items on your project and over Christmas I squirrelled away many "useful" items and for once, was determined to use them sooner rather than later (and before they gathered dust!).

Now I've done something different and made something other than a card . . . . .


I made a "felt heart" which I have sent to my Mum along with her thank you card as a little keep sake. The felt came from inside a gift box, fastener from old trousers, flower from toiletries packaging and various buttons! that us crafters cut off unwanted items and store in jars or tins or bags etc etc . ..


I used a button in the centre of the flower to secure it to my heart and also to cover up the mess I made picking the glue off it from the packaging! The buttons were from my "random assortment" I keep in a large biscuit tin (recycled usage from another Christmas) and the large pins I have had in my stash for ages.


The scissors charm I bought at a craft show but can't remember from whom and have been dying to use them for ages. The spool of thread has been made using a large wooden bead and sewn on using the centre hole. Other ribbons and trim are from another "useful box" I probably accumulated from last Christmas . . . !

I'm really pleased how this turned out and since then have made 5 more different themed hearts which I will share with you when I work out away to photograph them in an easier way!!!

Off to catch up with you all now,

Lou
x

Edited to add: Apologies for not blogging my DT card for ICS but I have done something to my camera and can't get it to work. I was lucky that I could share this post with you as I had scheduled it a while back. Fingers crossed, all will be sorted really soon.

2 comments:

Gemma said...

Wow, this looks great, just love it, your mum will be thrilled when she gets it! Hugs, Gemma

Wendy said...

Love your heart Lou, it'a absolutely gorgeous, fabulous recycling...hope you get your camera sorted out soon.
Wendy xx