Followers

Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Have had a "numpty" moment . . .

Last week I could not photograph any of my projects because the camera was acting all weird. After much fiddling around with it, nothing still worked and I was becoming increasingly anxious that I would have to resign myself to getting it fixed or even replace it.

So being a good girl, I took it to the shop to see if they could help me/fix the camera. The nice man "said of course we can and it will cost . . . .  " (no surprise there then!!!). The nice man called me later that day to say you can collect your camera now and being so excited, I rushed over to the shop without enquiring about how they had fixed it. I waited patiently in a queue to be served to collect my camera and the nice man recognised me straight away and dashed off to get my camera. Handing it back I tentatively asked "how much?". He smiled and said "nothing as there wasn't anything wrong" !!!

It would appear that my camera had stopped taking photos because its internal memory was full and I had forgotten to put the memory card back in it after I had downloaded previous photos . . . this meant it just needed me to put the memory card back in and I could be "snap happy" again. Rather embarrassed at my complete and utter "numptiness", I retreated quickly from the shop. I just can't believe I had not checked if it has the memory card in . . .

Anyhow, I can now share with you this weeks card for ICSketches . . .

Papers: First Edition (Birdsong)
Edgeability scalloped dies
Marianne Creatablesoval and oval scallop dies
Stickers: Pebbles Inc
Felt flower cut with a Quickutz Die
Felt butterfly cut using a Marianne Creatables die
Baby pink bias ribbon
 Sentiment printed onto Safmat

I have made a baby card as my youngest sister is expecting her 3rd baby in mid-February and I thought I should start making her and her husband a card. They do not know what they are having so I will have made a little girl card first and will cover all bases by making a boys card later in the week.


I have had these Pebbles Inc stickers for eons, so dusted them off to make my card and not being a sticker person, am really pleased with how my card turned out.

I am also entering my card into the following challenges:

Crafty Boots Challenge - new beginnings
Craft Your Days Away - new beginnings
CR8FN Colour Challenge - light pink, yellow & neutral
The Crazy Challenge - tic, tac, toe - my row: ribbon, embossing, diecuts

Have a great week everyone and I have to get prepping on my art project for school, so better get of here and make a start!

Lou
x

13 comments:

catherine said...

this is such a sweet card for a new baby. That is just thew sort of thing I would do with the camera episode. We are all human and us crafters are just too busy crafting!!
x catherine

eiyiyi said...

Love the card Lou! So glad to know that I'm not alone in the numpty club. Sorry I missed your birthday, what a terrible blog buddy I am. I hope your day was wonderful and that you did two things to make the devil blush before the day was out! Happy Belated Birthday. hugs, eileen

Dee's Craft Room said...

Such a pretty card, I really love it. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Martha said...

Such a sweet and beautiful card!!

Crafty Daffy said...

Aw what a sweet, frilly, pretty card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Boots Challenges for our New Beginnings theme. xx Denise

Sue Lelli said...

Darling card! LOVE the die cuts and the story! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Gaynor said...

Just beautiful, love this layout, thanks for joining us at CYDA, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Oh what a cute card Lou! Love the little dress and sweet butterfly! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Tip Top said...

I'm sniggering but that could be me too!!!

Fab card - I'm going to be an Auntie so need to get cracking with some cards too!!

Deborah Frings said...

What a sweet card - love the diecuts! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

I've tried taking photos without the memory card too! Doh!! :)

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a cute card hun. That is the sort of thing I would do concerning your camera issue. Lol!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Craft Your Days Away this week and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Joan said...

Love your sweet baby card!

Claire Phillips said...

Lou sounds perfectly normal to me...truly I would forget my head somedays! Absolutely gorgeous card! Cheers Claire x